Menu

Leather vs cloth seats in car

Janeway

We've only had one car with leather seats. I liked it, but admit to keeping a towel in the car to put on the seats on hot days so I didn't have to stick to the seat. We outgrew the vehicle & sold it right before #3 arrived, so we only had it for ~3-4 years. 

Hasn't been something we've been willing to pay for in our other vehicles. I don't think cloth vs. leather will be a big sticking point when we replace our 10 & 20 year old vehicles eventually. If it was just DH & I, I'd probably go for a leather convertible with climate controlled seats. ;-)

Cloth.  It gets hot in summer, making leather too sticky.  It get cold in the winter, and the leather is so uncomfortable.  I know that people get heated seats, but rarely are all the seats in the car heated.  I use a microfiber cloth to get dog hair out of the car (and the Norwex ones do a great job getting stains off of cloth as well.) 

Leather. I have one child who gets carsick.  Enough said.  I love that it is wipe clean.  Now I wish the floor was. :)  It's nice to not worry when it's raining or the kids have been swimming.  My husband jokes that with 6 messy kids, we can just open the doors and use a garden hose. (just kidding.)