Menu

PSA: I'm going back on the AIP diet...

Ann.without.an.e

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad :( Is joint pain the main symptom of your AI?

I'm struggling with fatigue. Not sure how much is due to my not getting to bed on time. Adrenals. Or maybe my thyroid hormones are pooling again. Or who knows what else. I sent in my adrenal test today.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad :( Is joint pain the main symptom of your AI?

I'm struggling with fatigue. Not sure how much is due to my not getting to bed on time. Adrenals. Or maybe my thyroid hormones are pooling again. Or who knows what else. I sent in my adrenal test today.

No, it isn't my main symptom.  I know its normal to feel worse before feeling better but seriously...ugh.  The tiredness/fatigue I can blame of the lack of coffee :(

What do you mean by thyroid hormones pooling?

Edited by Attolia
  • Like 1

No, it isn't my main symptom.  I know its normal to feel worse before feeling better but seriously...ugh.  The tiredness/fatigue I can blame of the lack of coffee :(

What do you mean by thyroid hormones pooling?

Pooling

I should have said my RT3 gone high as it did before. 

I used my progesterone last night and I did sleep a lot deeper perhaps part of it is hormonal. Who knows. Us AI people often have multiple issues, we're special like that :)

• Like 1

Pooling

I should have said my RT3 gone high as it did before. 

I used my progesterone last night and I did sleep a lot deeper perhaps part of it is hormonal. Who knows. Us AI people often have multiple issues, we're special like that :)

I bought progesterone and wanted to use it so bad but after a few days it made me feel incredibly irritable and mean.  I guess that means I don't need it?  

I am on natural thyroid hormone as well so I guess I need to check into pooling?

For breakfast I did bacon and avocado again.  It works  :coolgleamA:

Edited by Attolia
  • Like 1

My pain this morning was mainly in my hips.  I laid flat in the bottom of the shower and let hot water just flow over my legs and hips and it helped tremendously.  I remember feeling worse before I felt better last time I went AIP so I keep saying "this is ok, it will be worth it"...it is on a repeat loop in my mind.

I bought progesterone and wanted to use it so bad but after a few days it made me feel incredibly irritable and mean.  I guess that means I don't need it?  

I am on natural thyroid hormone as well so I guess I need to check into pooling?

For breakfast I did bacon and avocado again.  It works  :coolgleamA:

I've had times that I had the same reaction to the progesterone although both times I've tested it was low. It should make you feel nice and calm and happy. It should also help you sleep better and fyi it works better when you apply it vaginally- inside or outside( I just do it on the outside). 

Sweet potato hash, uncured turkey bacon and blueberries for breakfast this am.

Just got done playing on the Silks and NEED a snack and everything I think of is not safe, I need to print lists.

• Like 1

Still hungry. Cooked up 2 chickens yesterday but I'm not crazy about either recipe- I need to put them in a soup or something. I have very expensive pasture raised chickens in my freezer that are a bit freezer burnt- so not the best - but I can't stomach the thought of just throwing them out so I trim off the worst and cook them up. I need to get creative w/ recipes and use those dang things up so I can let go of the guilt and get me a fresh batch!!! I've got 9 left I think ( for years I'd buy 50 or so chickens a year at one time but then when I got sick I didn't have the umph to cook whole chickens- I know it isn't that complicated but it required more foresight and planning than I could muster).

Working on my menu now for shopping tonight. I *will* be making pizza :) After looking at a ton of different recipes I think I'm doing crust from The Healing Kitchen, topped w/ a quick homemade fig spread (sweetened w/ honey), carmelized onions, proscuitto(or bacon maybe) and argula. Maybe a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar.

• Like 1

I finally had the sensation of being full yesterday afternoon. It seems I'm getting plenty of food, I think so anyway(just went and entered in my intake for the day and it was around 1500 cal. - when I've tracked maintenance in the past it was around 2400 maybe part of my fatigue is not eating enough for me- I don't know- I'm trying not to count things- I'm not weighing or measuring- just trying to focus on eating good foods)

Still not feeling energetic, the opposite. Still lots of theories on this I won't rehash, anxiously awaiting my test results.

Grocery shopping done, although neither store I went to had plantains I think I might try to hit Wal-Mart(shudder) Monday to see if I can find some for some treats. I need to make my pizza dough today and I think I have a couple of other items on my list I wanted to pre-cook for the week. 

Tonight we are having ribs and I'm trying to decide if I'll make them all w/ an AIP rub or just cut a couple off for me, none of the recipes I've found so far look very appealing at all. 

My tummy feels very weird today- lots of gurgling or something. I'm not gassy though and it doesn't hurt. 

Blah.

• Like 1

The pizza idea is amazing.  I will need to try it asap.  How did you find arrowroot starch?  

I am feeling worse everyday.  The pain in my hips is a burning/stabbing pain that shoots down my legs everytime I take a step.  I am having to break an AIP rule and use Ibuprofen to survive the days.  Surely this icky feeling will get better soon :(

• Like 1

The pizza idea is amazing.  I will need to try it asap.  How did you find arrowroot starch?  

I am feeling worse everyday.  The pain in my hips is a burning/stabbing pain that shoots down my legs everytime I take a step.  I am having to break an AIP rule and use Ibuprofen to survive the days.  Surely this icky feeling will get better soon :(

Sorry to hear that, what do you think is going on?

I *thought* I had tapioca starch, ugh, seems like I might need to shop on Amazon or hit the health food store.

• Like 1

I made the crust recipe with tapioca starch since I had it on hand and it seemed to turn out ok (I nibbled the side of the crust). I decided I'm hungry and I'm going to go ahead and make it, the crust was pretty quick to whip up. I'm just using bacon instead of proscuitto as it was more in my budget and I've got shallots carmelizing now. MMM! 

• Like 1

Made the pizza last night, it was too sweet w/ the fig jam but I was hungry so ate it anyway. I think just sliced figs w/ reduced balsamic glaze will work better for next time. 

Oddly or not my BG level this am is 114 but I feel better than I have in several days. Why when I eat more sugar do I feel better? That is too high for fasting though, it seems unless I seriously cut my carbs it is higher than norm but then I end up feeling bad w/ no energy. Or maybe my meter is inaccurate. I don't know.

My cortisol test will be delivered today :) Did I mention I'm anxious for the results, it is supposed to take 3-5 days, my appt is on Fri so I'm praying I have them by them in case my levels warrant prescription strength support.

• Like 1

Made this flatbread today, I'm shocked as the dough looked like glue but it is really yummy. I skipped the nutritional yeast and just used lots of garlic powder and some oregano. My kids are trying to steal it, actually think this would make a better pizza than the dough I made yesterday it has a fabulous crunch and chew.

https://thedomesticman.com/2014/03/13/grain-free-flatbread-paleo-vegan-and-aip-friendly/

Edited by soror
  • Like 1

(are you gone to DC now?)

I ate TOO many carbs yesterday, way too many, tried to make up for it with a light supper but the damage was done, the bread was too tasty. I'm up in the night for the first time in ages, ugh! I felt so good yesterday too. I should track to see what the magical number of carbs is that helps me sleep but isn't so much it wakes me up.

• Like 1

(are you gone to DC now?)

I ate TOO many carbs yesterday, way too many, tried to make up for it with a light supper but the damage was done, the bread was too tasty. I'm up in the night for the first time in ages, ugh! I felt so good yesterday too. I should track to see what the magical number of carbs is that helps me sleep but isn't so much it wakes me up.

I am not gone...just been crazy busy trying to get stuff done in order to go.

I'm sorry you feel bad :(

So you watch carbs?  I guess I've never though to do that since AIP cuts out so many naturally.

Weird about the blood sugar ups and downs.  Hmmmm....

You have so many inspiring recipes :)  Love them!  Thanks for sharing.

My diet has been pretty bland - salmon, veggies, fruit.  chicken, veggies, fruit.  I need to get more creative.

• Like 1

I am not gone...just been crazy busy trying to get stuff done in order to go.

I'm sorry you feel bad :(

So you watch carbs?  I guess I've never though to do that since AIP cuts out so many naturally.

Weird about the blood sugar ups and downs.  Hmmmm....

You have so many inspiring recipes :)  Love them!  Thanks for sharing.

My diet has been pretty bland - salmon, veggies, fruit.  chicken, veggies, fruit.  I need to get more creative.

I don't like watching carbs but it seems I'm sensitive to them on both ends. I was trying to eat plain AIP but then I wasn't getting enough carbs and felt worse day after day but with the treats that are VERY high in carbs it is easy to get too much. Went back to sleep and didn't get up to 8. My hands are swollen this am, had to take off my ring it was hurting, sigh.

I think if plain food works for you don't sweat it. I've been eating too plain for awhile and it is boring me to death, now that I have time this summer I want to expand my menu so this fall cooking is hopefully not something that gets dropped.

• Like 1

I don't like watching carbs but it seems I'm sensitive to them on both ends. I was trying to eat plain AIP but then I wasn't getting enough carbs and felt worse day after day but with the treats that are VERY high in carbs it is easy to get too much. Went back to sleep and didn't get up to 8. My hands are swollen this am, had to take off my ring it was hurting, sigh.

I think if plain food works for you don't sweat it. I've been eating too plain for awhile and it is boring me to death, now that I have time this summer I want to expand my menu so this fall cooking is hopefully not something that gets dropped.

Plain food works simply because I'm super busy right now but I definitely would rather try some of  your yummy recipes :)

Sorry about your hands :(  Is this something you normally struggle with?  

I think I will eventually get over my coffee addiction and not feel like I am in a fog because of its absence :)  I'n hopeful anyway.

I feel AMAZING this morning.  I'm hopeful that the blahs are gone for good.

How do you feel?

• Like 1

I'm feeling better too but I had some def. non- AIP food last night, ate grilled chicken and kale salad from Chik Fil A. I've got mixed thoughts on whether or not super strict AIP is worth it and how much of how I feel is cortisol related. 

• Like 1

I'm feeling better too but I had some def. non- AIP food last night, ate grilled chicken and kale salad from Chik Fil A. I've got mixed thoughts on whether or not super strict AIP is worth it and how much of how I feel is cortisol related. 

I'll admit, with DC coming up I am going to try to be AIP as much as possible and if I can't then I am going to worry about being simple Paleo (Paleo itself is hard enough, right?).  

• Like 1

http://sweetpotatoesandsocialchange.com/chewy-pumpkin-spice-breakfast-cookies/

Breakfast Cookie- think of them more as a kind of biscuit- sort of- not very sweet but strangely satisfying and a way to get in some carbs for me and no one else likes them so they won't steal them. I want to make them bigger next time they'd make an awesome bread for sandwich

• Like 1

http://sweetpotatoesandsocialchange.com/chewy-pumpkin-spice-breakfast-cookies/

Breakfast Cookie- think of them more as a kind of biscuit- sort of- not very sweet but strangely satisfying and a way to get in some carbs for me and no one else likes them so they won't steal them. I want to make them bigger next time they'd make an awesome bread for sandwich

You are the recipe fairy :) 

• Like 1

I mostly survived DC - definitely not AIP complaint, mainly because of spices though.  To find grilled chicken and be sure that there wasn't paprika, etc is difficult.  My family loves chipotle so I had a taco salad twice that I know had chili powder as a seasoning.  I didn't have the rice or cheese or tortilla chips though so it was still paleo.

• Like 1

I love Chipolte too :) I'm not aiming for perfection either, I've had some nuts, bits of nightshade spices and seeds. I've been making all kinds of recipes here. Some wraps w/ plantains, seriously, bendable wraps. I got the Healing Kitchen book in, I made some Greek meatballs, tzatziki from HK, slivers of shallots and lettuce and it was a whole lot like a gyro, yummy!

• Like 1

I love Chipolte too :) I'm not aiming for perfection either, I've had some nuts, bits of nightshade spices and seeds. I've been making all kinds of recipes here. Some wraps w/ plantains, seriously, bendable wraps. I got the Healing Kitchen book in, I made some Greek meatballs, tzatziki from HK, slivers of shallots and lettuce and it was a whole lot like a gyro, yummy!

I love gyros :)  I need to look into that!

• 4 years later...