Menu

Hair Shedding - do you have this problem? Is there a solution?

Ginevra

I've been a heavy shedder my whole life, as are most of my kids.  I totally relate to the vacuum story.  My husband is constantly reminding me to cut hair off the roller brush, and doing it himself from time to time because he knows I usually forget to.

The worst was when I was trying to vacuum out my minivan at home last week, instead of swinging by the local DIY car wash for their super duper vac.  My brush attachment was disgusting and I had to remove clump after clump.  Three of us have blondish hair, which is extra gross against the black interior!

We 3 girls usually have our hair tied back, but the second we untie it, all of the loose hair goes everywhere anyway.

None of us has thinning hair.  Mine has always been thin to begin with and most of my kids' is comparatively thick.  We just replace as quickly as we shed!

• Like 1

My hair is fine, less than shoulder length, and still sheds like crazy. I use a sulfate free shampoo and still shed. I have noticed that I don't shed as much when I stay somewhere else. I've been trying to convince my DH that it means that we should move. 😂

• Like 1

We kill vacuums... Nine girls/women in this house. :) However, there was one time when my shedding was particularly heavy rather than just after a baby. I increase my protein intake and started taking collagen. It helped rapidly. Obviously I still lose hair because it's long, there's a lot of it, and I'm female, but it is improved.

• Like 2

Have you considered stepping outside to engage in a daily vigorous brushing? I am not sure it would help, but it helps with my dog, so. . ..

I step out into my back yard and brush my hair because my bathroom floor gets super messy every time I use my brush. I have a handheld vacuum just for bathroom floors and vanity.

• Like 2