Menu

Latin?

three4me

We use--and love!--Lively Latin. I think it's a good program to start after completing second-grade English grammar. Haven't used other programs so I can't comment on those or on when to begin them. I tried teaching myself a little Latin with Wheelock's before I started teaching DD with LL, but LL is really accessible even if you've never studied Latin yourself.

Edited by purpleowl

I am interested in SSL for DS too, next year. What are the components that are actually needed? Do I need the full $82 set, or can I skip some of it?

Thanks!

Personally we used all of it. Some people don't like the videos.  I don't regret buying the whole set. I already sold my SSL1 and it has a decent return as a used curriculum.

Every once in awhile CAP will have a 20% off discount code--I would ask around/Google before you pay full price.  

Personally we used all of it. Some people don't like the videos.  I don't regret buying the whole set. I already sold my SSL1 and it has a decent return as a used curriculum.

Every once in awhile CAP will have a 20% off discount code--I would ask around/Google before you pay full price.  

Thanks! Really good to know!