Menu

I have never noticed a monthly cylce type thing going on. I can't think of why it would be cyclical that way for a boy. I do think that the teenaged years can have a lot of emotions for boys as well as girls. I was surprised with my first son about the emotionality of it. I had always thought that boys would be less dramatic and less given to fits of rage/sadness than girls. But he definitely had very strong emotions and at times could be called "moody." But the thing is, I think "moody" can be periodic or it can be a tempements issue. Some people are just "moodier" than others, and I am not sure that's a male/female thing.

So I guess I don't know. I don't think it's unusual for boys to be moody, though. I agree with those who say that really vigorous exercise is good when those moods hit (for all genders, all ages).

My ds isn't a teenager yet, but I do notice ups and downs in mood. It tends to correlate with less sleep and also with my moods. He reacts more to how I feel and act than my dds do. I agree with the physical activity for helping. Right now he's outside running and tackling things in the yard to burn off a bad mood. It was his idea. He knows what he needs and often tells me what he needs to do to improve his mood or his energy level.

often a sign that he needs more sleep. I only have one, but I was told a long time ago that boys need to burn off testosterone when they hit puberty. I try to make sure he does something physical everyday, esp. in the winter months. We get along a whole lot better if he does. :001_smile: