Menu

Please share your favorite 'family' quotes

If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.' -Jeff Foxworthy

If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.

-George Bernard Shaw

The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you. ~Kendall Hailey

Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are. ~Marsha Norman

They may not be funny, but we use them here at my house daily. I wouldn't call them quotes, but sayings that we're told to me growing up...

Let all your words be encouraging to others

"I'm sorry" are not just words- it means you're going to try not to do it again

Obedience means doing what your told quickly,and diligently even when you don't want to.

Ok, we need to come up with some funny quotes at our house!! We're waaaay to serious!

If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.' -Jeff Foxworthy

If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.

-George Bernard Shaw

The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you. ~Kendall Hailey

Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are. ~Marsha Norman

Love these, especially the Kendall Hailey quote! Thank you

I love reading other people's favourite quotes. Here are some of ours:

The repetition of small efforts will accomplish more than the occasional use of great talents.

Charles H. Spurgeon

Our happiness or misery depends on our attitudes and not on our circumstances.

Martha Washington

Children develop character by what they see, by what they hear, and by what they are repeatedly led to do.

James Stenson

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909

Behind every successful woman...is a substantial amount of coffee.

--Stephanie Piro--

If there is righteousness in the heart,

there will be beauty in the character.

If there is beauty in the character,

there will be harmony in the home.

If there is harmony in the home,

there will be order in the nation.

If there is order in the nation,

there will be peace in the world.

So let it be.

?Scottish Blessing?

My grandmother had several that I still go by, but my favourite is about age.

No matter her age, Gran always said "Old is 5 years older than I am now." She passed at the age of 93, so I now know that I'm not old until I hit 98. I'm looking forward to it!:)

Chrissy,

I am currently making my first book about our time overseas, and so far I love it. I'm getting an 10x8 hardcover, and trying to use a variety of layouts to make it easy on the eye. Any tips you learned on your first one that you'll do differently this time?

The only thing I would do differently is to extend my cover image over the spine and into the inner flaps of the dust jacket. Other than that, I was extremely happy with the book.

Will you share when your book is finished?

When my brother and I would tell my mom we were thirsty she would say,

"Swallow you spit!"

Whenever someone would say, "Hey", we would say, "Straw's cheaper, grass is free, live in Iowa have all three!"

If it was really cold outside or really hot outside and we wanted to go play, my mom would say, "If the cows can't be out, kids can't be out."

Yep, I grew up in Iowa. ( I miss it, too!)

Dh's family's quotes...

"It's harder where there's none."

"Many hands make light work!"

Oh, the memories...