Menu

Bleeding...miscarriage related, advice?

Ann.without.an.e

Please don't quote, I'll probably delete.

I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks.  I miscarried naturally and followed up with the dr afterward since I had bled so much...I just wanted to make sure I had passed everything.  U/S looked good.  35 days later I had my period.  That's normal for me.  I bled for 12 days and then stopped for 5 days and now I have bled for another 5 days.  So what in the world is going on with me?  I feel so wiped.  Are my hormones just completely whack-o?

:grouphug: Sorry for your loss.

You may be anemic from that amount of bleeding.

I'd definitely give a call to my OB/Gyn or nurse midwife and get it checked out just to be safe.

Edited by umsami
  • Like 2

Did they test to make sure your HCG dropped completely?  I had to get tested over and over because mine dropped so slowly and they were worried about retained placenta or something.  Ultimately they dropped enough and it was just my body unwilling to let go of the pregnancy I think.  But if they didn't check that on you I'd be concerned that maybe you retained something.  I was only 9 weeks along at my miscarriage.  And I'm so sorry about your loss.  

ETA - It has been over 5 years since my miscarriage and my memory of the surrounding events is foggy.  Possibly your hormones are just wacky or who knows.  I'm not an expert but that is all I remember clearly from my post miscarriage time is the frequent blood draws.

Edited by UCF612
  • Like 3

That could be entirely normal, especially if the bleeding isn't very heavy. But there's no reason to not talk to your doctor if you're concerned.

I was exhausted for months after all of my miscarriages so that sounds normal to me too.

• Like 2

I had a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks, didn't do D&C, opted for a medication (can't remember the name of it, some folks have it put against their cervix, I took it orally).  I bled for over 6 weeks, was exhausted for at least 15 weeks, but ended up pregnant before my follow up appointment.  I would definitely go to doc for bloodwork for hormone levels and iron levels.

I'm sorry for your loss. I would probably follow up with the doctor.

Very similar to pp's here too. Missed miscarriage at 12 weeks, passed at home, I bled for about 10 weeks all up. Slowing down and then getting worse with my cycle. I had a couple of follow up ultrasounds and I did have some small 'grainy' retained something - which eventually passed on its own.