Menu

Online/computer Science for 1st grade?

Momma4

Hi, we'll be starting first grade in August 2017. As its our first year homeschooling (we've delayed formal education until 7yrs) I really don't want to over burden myself or the kids. So, as well as OPGTR, Right Start Maths and SOTW, I'd really like a science curriculum that is easy for us all to use and will actually get done. My boys will be 7yrs, 5.5yrs and 3.5yrs.

We don't watch TV, although occasional DVDs are allowed and they don't have iPad/tablets or games consoles, but if available, I would consider a science programme which was DVD or computer based, just for some variety and to free me up a little. I've seen mystery science and it looks good but I want something more comprehensive without it being too intensive.

Ideally I'd like to follow the classical cycles like Neo or Elemental Science.

Is this a big ask....are there any such programs available?!

• Like 1

Ultimate Science by Supercharged Science - they offer multiple levels of subjects like Astronomy, Chemistry, Earth Science, Life Science, etc. I almost went with this, but decided to go with something not on DVD. It looks interesting, maybe someone that has used it can give their opinion :)

http://www.superchargedscience.com/usc-info.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Meadowlark, from what I can see on the mystery science website, it looks like only some of the programme has been designed and released and a lot of it is for older ages. Also, I'd really like to follow the classical approach and whilst mystery science looks good, I think I personally would only use it to supplement. But, I'm still researching so who knows!