Menu

I survived......wasn't bad at all

SparklyUnicorn

Dr was amazingly nice and sensitive to my freakiness.  He thinks it could simply be an infected gland and wouldn't assume a diverticulum unless it kept coming back.  He also said if it is that there are less invasive ways to treat it.  He'll do a follow up after the antibiotics....

Before bringing me into the exam room he had me in an office where he asked me the questions (not some assistant) and he took notes by hand.  Not the usual throw me into an exam room and come in to ask questions while I'm sitting there half naked and then make me feel like I'm being ignored while staring at a computer screen.  Amazing.  I don't think I've been to a doctor that nice ever.

And I told him what I didn't want and how I'm not sure i can go through with it.  He said he can send me to some place that can do the procedure and deal with it.  I said I'd try.  And that worked out.  Just knowing he wasn't going to force me or give me a hard time made me not afraid to do it.  That's the usual response I get. 

I'm so relieved. 

Edited by SparklyUnicorn
  • Like 37

“I hate to have to tell you thisâ€, said the Doctor in a sad compassionate voice, “but you have been unfortunately been diagnosed with a highly contagious disease, we will have to quarantine you and you’ll only be fed cheese and bologna.†“That’s terrible!†Said the distraught young man, quickly sitting down before he could faint. “I don’t know if I could handle being in quarantine…and the cheese and bologna diet… What’s with the cheese and bologna diet anyway? I’ve never of such a diet before?!†“It’s not exactly a dietâ€, responded the Doctor matter of factly, “it’s just the only food that will fit under the door!â€

Edited by TranquilMind
  • Like 3

When the lodge meeting broke up, John confided to a friend. “Mike, I’m in a terrible pickle! I’m strapped for cash and I haven’t the slightest idea where I’m going to get it from!†“I’m glad to hear that†answered Mike. “I was afraid you might have an idea you could borrow it from me!â€

Edited by TranquilMind
  • Like 6

What do you get if you cross a rhinocerous and an elephant?

Elephino. (You have to say it out loud.)

Why can't you cross a mountain climber with a mosquito?

You can't cross a scalar with a vector.

What is big, red and eats rocks?

A big red rock eater.

What is brown and sticky?

A stick.

• Like 5

From my 10 year old boy.

Why can't you hear a pterodactyl pee??

The P is silent!!

From my 4yo DD.

Why did the chicken cross the road??

To get to the other chicken!!

Insert hysterical 4yo laughter and it is pretty funny.

• Like 6

There are two muffins in an oven.  one muffin says, "it's getting kind of hot in here."  The other muffin says, "Ahh, talking muffin!"

That is the only joke I know.

My dad had some good sayings, though.  He might say now that you are nervouser than a pregnant nun. :)

Probably you have seen this but I really like it: 

• Like 1

Have you watched any of the Convos with my 2-Year Old videos on YouTube. Random conversations between a father and his daughter re-enacted with an adult man playing the daughter. They always make me laugh.

• Like 1

Well, not a joke, but as I was running through my suburban neighborhood this morning with my dog, I ran by a woman taking her trash out to the curb.  She was wearing a fitted, hip-length shirt (one that would have been iffy on whether it was long enough to tuck into pants) and panties.  I could clearly see that they were panties and not really short shorts or a bikini bottom or, well--I don't know what else they weren't, but I know what they WERE, and that is underwear.  I don't know about you, but it made me feel better about myself that I know to put on PANTS before leaving my home. 

• Like 10

Well, not a joke, but as I was running through my suburban neighborhood this morning with my dog, I ran by a woman taking her trash out to the curb. She was wearing a fitted, hip-length shirt (one that would have been iffy on whether it was long enough to tuck into pants) and panties. I could clearly see that they were panties and not really short shorts or a bikini bottom or, well--I don't know what else they weren't, but I know what they WERE, and that is underwear. I don't know about you, but it made me feel better about myself that I know to put on PANTS before leaving my home.

OMG!! I have seen some questionable things while running in the wee hours, but that takes the cake.

• Like 2

OMG!! I have seen some questionable things while running in the wee hours, but that takes the cake.

This wasn't even wee hours! It was 7:30, broad daylight this time of year. Thank goodness this wasn't my own neighborhood. You know where I live--it was a nearby neighborhood with a denomination of coin in its name, very similar to my own neighborhood but, obviously, with skankier women.

• Like 1