Menu

Frivolous Peanut Butter Poll (non-allergy related)

poppy

PB Poll  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How often to the adults in your house have peanut butter AT HOME?

• Several times a week
    • A couple times a month
    • A couple times a year
    • Very, very rarely because I'm not 6 years old
    • We don't because we don't want to (no allergy reason)
    • Never due to a peanut allergy or other health reason

I eat peanut butter, but more as a flavouring than on sandwich. I find most of my baking has a must nicer texture (and taste!) if I sub PB for whatever oil/butter is in the recipe. Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are awesome, as are peanut butter chocolate brownies.

• Like 1

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who sticks a spoon in the PB jar and then puts chocolate chips on the PB and shoves the spoon in their mouth.... :-) 

We eat a lot of PB here - I send DH to work with a PB&J bonus sandwich most days. He's sometimes gone from 9am until 11pm, so I like to make sure he has enough food and a pb&j keeps well and can be eaten any time. 

I make DS "banana sushi" pretty regularly. Take a tortilla, I use whole wheat. Smear PB on it. Lay a banana inside and roll it up like sushi. Slice into "sushi" pieces. Delicious!

I do like a PP too - I sub in PB for butter in baked goods. PB chocolate chip cookies....mmmmm

• Like 1

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who sticks a spoon in the PB jar and then puts chocolate chips on the PB and shoves the spoon in their mouth.... :-)

I do like a PP too - I sub in PB for butter in baked goods. PB chocolate chip cookies....mmmmm

I've definitely combined PB and chocolate syrup in my mouth!

Is the PB substitution a one to one ratio?

Survey doesn't cover our household so I couldn't vote.  DH eats PB maybe once or twice a week but definitely more than twice a month and less than several times a week.  He loves PB, but tries to balance out his diet or he would go through an entire jar in a couple of days.  My dad had the grooms cake made with PB because he knew how much he loved the stuff.  (No, allergies were not on our radar, unfortunately, so sorry to anyone at my wedding with nut allergies).  I eat it maybe once a week.  DD likes it upon occasion.  DS hates the stuff.