Menu

Summer Spanish - Conversation Practice

DD#1 is finishing up Spanish 2 with Sr Gamache. She has a good grasp of grammar & vocab, but could use practice over the summer working on her conversational skills before moving onto Spanish 3 in the fall. It would also be a good way to not forget what she's learned this year. (She does Duolingo every day.)

Of the Spanish online websites (homeschoolspanishacademy?), which should I look into for this type of practice? Do you guys have a recommendation? I'm thinking that one class a week would be good as I'm not looking to either break the bank or have it be a big time sink. (She's still finishing up quite a few of her classes from this year and has some camps later in the summer.)

Thanks!

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 1

We also love Homeschool Spanish Academy. We have not done the summer passport, but it looks like just what you want. More focused on conversational Spanish than grammar and writing. You can do it at any time of year, not just in the summer. 

• Like 1

Libraries often offer Spanish Conversation circles.

Maybe in bigger towns . . . I live in a very small town, deep in cow country. Even the local high school Spanish teacher (who doesn't appear to approve of homeschooling) gets his conversation practice through Skype.  :lol:

I'll be looking into the Summer Passport thing.

OnMyOwn - Could you share a link to the online convo practice for Spanish121? I couldn't find it.

I might have her try out a few sites & see which one she likes best. If anyone has a favorite person or another site, please pass along. 

Maybe in bigger towns . . . I live in a very small town, deep in cow country. Even the local high school Spanish teacher (who doesn't appear to approve of homeschooling) gets his conversation practice through Skype. :lol:

I'll be looking into the Summer Passport thing.

OnMyOwn - Could you share a link to the online convo practice for Spanish121? I couldn't find it.

I might have her try out a few sites & see which one she likes best. If anyone has a favorite person or another site, please pass along.

Here's the link for Spanish121's free trial. https://121spanish.com/start-free-trial