Menu

Semi-permanent lashes?

Miss Marple

Be very careful who you go to. The place needs to be scrupulously clean. Seriously get lots of referrals and be careful. Also talk to them about how to care for your lashes. Plan on 2-4 week touch ups depending on what you get. Think of them as gel tips for your nails. They need to be maintained to look good. Some say 6 weeks but they just look weird after about 2-4 weeks. Also some require you to add oil or do other nightly maintenance and will restrict some of your makeup choices. Once you find a good lash person, follow their directions to a t.

I love the look of them. I hate the maintenance and expense.

Edited by MSNative
  • Like 1

I think how long they last has a great deal to do with how oily your lids are, how much you touch your lashes, and if you have weak/blonde lashes.

I have oily lids and blonde lashes and they fall out quickly for me.  I don't think it's worth it, but I'm sure they're great for a lot of people.  Taking the 3 minutes to apply strip lashes, in the event I care that much about my appearance, is much more predictably pretty.

• Like 1

hmm...sounds like I might pass on them.  I don't do well with things that require maintenance that often lol.  My dh got me a spa gift card for Valentines Day and i'm just getting around to using it.  That was one of the things they offered that sounded intriguing.  Thanks for the feedback.

One nice thing about them is that they fall out like your real lashes.   So, you never go from lots of lashes, to natural lashes overnight.   

I really liked them.   DH preferred me without the lashes.   They looked great so I think he wanted to save money.   Which I am OK with.   I'd probably do them again if I wanted to look super nice for something big.  

• Like 1