Menu

Chocolate Recipe For Those Who Low Carb/Low Sugar :)

JennSnow

After a week of tweeking (auto correct really wants me to change this to twerking, lol) I've finally come up with a tasty recipe for low sugar/low carb chocolate and wanted to share :).  Sweets are my biggest weakness and I needed something to have on hand for when I'm really craving something sweet and this has really done the trick to help me stay on track.  This recipe is based off of Trim Healthy Mama's "Skinny Chocolate".

Keep in mind that it's not fat or calorie free, lol, so it's definitely something to eat in moderation...but they do say that coconut oil helps to rev up your metabolism so it's almost kind of healthy ;).

Ingredients:

3/4 cup coconut oil
4 T xylitol (I tried a few different sweeteners...stevia was too bitter and didn't dissolve...I found the xylitol to work best)
2 T water
1/2 cup all natural nothing else added peanut butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 t vanilla extract
dash of salt

I used little square silicone candy molds that I picked up at Hobby Lobby, but you could also just use a baking dish and make the layers and then break it apart into pieces afterwards.

First make the peanut butter layer - 

Combine 2T of the xylitol, 1T of water, and a dash of salt in a small sauce pan.  Heat over low/med heat until all of the xylitol and salt have dissolved.  Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter and 1/4 of a cup of the coconut oil.  Heat over low heat until everything is melted and incorporated together.  Pour the mixture into your mold or baking dish (only fill halfway if using a mold) and freeze until solid.

Next make the chocolate layer - 

Combine 2T of the xylitol, 1T of water, and a dash of salt in a small sauce pan.  Heat over low/med heat until dissolved.  Add in 1/2 cup of coconut oil and 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and heat over low heat until everything is melted and incorporated.  Remove from heat and add in the vanilla.  Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer and freeze until solid.

Keep stored in the freezer and enjoy! :)

Edited by JennSnow
  • Like 5