Menu

Serl's Intermediate Language Lessons - starting in 6th grade

This is another thing I've been looking at as I've second guessed my first set of choices. This books looks lovely and simple and non-intimidating for my LA-phobic kid. Not to mention, Squirrelboy would love that it has squirrels on the cover.  Would it be unreasonable to start it in 6th grade and spread it over two years? I know it's used by MFW for 4th, 5th, and 6th. Would my tween think it was at all "babyish"? How difficult is it to use?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

I think it would be fine. ALso, look at COttage Press books. You might like them too.

Seriously?! You just had to turn me on to a company I'd never heard of that sounds awesome...... No, really, thanks. I'll have to compare the two and see what I think.

I think it would be fine. ALso, look at COttage Press books. You might like them too.

Oh my! Why haven't I heard of these books? They are beautifully laid out, and so far what I have seen is wisely curated. Thank you for mentioning it!

I saw ILL listed for 4th-6th grade, so that sounds totally appropriate.  I just found a hard copy version at Half Price books - I'd been using a PDF Version.  Hard copy makes it so much easier to use!  I've used it off and on for the last two years and we will still be using it next year, in 6th grade.