Menu

Meaning of Graduation

Our youngest child, precious dd, graduated on Saturday, and honestly, I went through the entire day in a blur. I don't think I understood we had finally made it to the finish line, especially since we've experienced some major ups and downs during the years from kindergarten until now. However, the fact that we are finished with home schooling really hit me this morning when I realized I do not need to order curriculum and that I needed to unsubscribe from curriculum email notifications, but when dd saw me on WTM forum, she said, "You don't have to unsubscribe from WTM." I thought that was so funny. She knows where I go for education advice!

1togo (umm...Maybe it's time to change my forum name.)

Edited by 1Togo
  • Like 10

I felt the same way the weekend after when my oldest graduated, and the second (and last) will be done next May. BIG MILESTONE.

I submitted the last set of full paperwork to the county last week. After she graduates, they just want a close-out letter with a copy of the diploma or transcript.

And no more curriculum to order. I got the art supplies ordered on Friday, and that's that! We have all the books for 12th grade.

Over the summer I'm going to clean out my books including a redo of my home office, and then next summer we'll do the final closedown of homeschooling!

Edited by G5052
  • Like 2

Congrats!  I remember when each of my children graduated, I just felt...really happy.  :)  It felt so good to know that we had all done our best and now they were done and onto their next path in life.  Of course you're always still involved...  ;)