Menu

This just seems wrong. . .

Pegasus

LOL

I remember feeling so tall when my grandmother had to ask me to reach something in her cabinet. I'm 5' 3 3/4". She was 4' 9". Still, it felt great to be asked. :)

That made me smile. My grandmother was 4'9"! We must come from the same short gene pool way back when. :)

I never quite made it to 5'.

• Like 1

Dh asked about giving away the toddler step stool in the bathroom. "Noooooo! Some of us are short and need tools to be able to reach the top shelf!" I have no sons, 6'4" or otherwise. Youngest is now taller than me (barely) but not enough to be all that helpful; other two will always be shorter than my 5'3.5"

I know how you feel.  That's why we had a 2nd baby 12 years after the first, because I felt so lonely near the ground. Now the first baby is 6'9".

I'll say this, though, use it to your advantage.  They can clean some things so much more easily than you can.  Light fixtures on the ceiling, AC vents in the ceiling, first floor gutters, first floor windows, dusting upper cabinets.    Frankly, I'll be sad when my son goes to college and I have to learn to clean high things again.

• Like 3

isn't it nice having tall children?   I have three (all at least 2" taller than dh - and he's average) - and dudeling is looking to be tall too.  he's past my chin.  (he's now eager to hit 100lbs so he can sit in the front seat.)

eta; my brain needs to wake up . .

Edited by gardenmom5

Dd13 passed me at 12, right around her birthday. She is now at least 5' 8". I think she is still growing. The other girls are tall so far to and the boys are at least average. I'm fairly certain I'll be the shortest, but I have a few years until the Bug catches me.