Menu

"It literally killed me."

Pegasus

Would this be a good time to relay the story of the very sincere woman in our Sunday school class many, many years ago, who told us all that she was figuratively lying "prostate" at Jesus' feet?

What is it with sincere people and Sunday School/church? About ten years ago, a friend at our old church was relaying a very sincere prayer concern about a relative who "drunk himself to Bolivia." It was all I could do to hold it together -- I mean, it was a prayer concern... and Bolivia is a long way. 

Edited by Slojo
  • Like 9

What is it with sincere people and Sunday School/church? About ten years ago, a friend at our old church was relaying a very sincere prayer concern about a relative who "drunk himself to Bolivia." It was all I could do to hold it together -- I mean, it was a prayer concern... and Bolivia is a long way. 

That's so much better than the actual phrase!  

• Like 1

I am actually and literally in tears, here. I have to admit to making some "word crimes" and having dh correct me. I've done the "mute point" one, but not the moo point. ;)  Our dear, youngest son often states that he pacifically asked us not to laugh at him when he's pacifically being serious. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1

Saw this the other day

I saw a investigation program into insurance fraud. Apparently this is one of the questions on some work cover forms. In the investigation program it uncovers a person who was killed in a work accident the but was revived. The insurance denied his claim for injury because it wasn't fatal enough.

Arrrg! having huge trouble with auto spelling fix.

Edited by Melissa in Australia

I saw a investigation program into insurance fraud. Apparently this is one of the questions on some work cover forms. In the investigation program it uncovers a person who was killed in a work accident the but was revived. The insurance denied his claim for injury because it wasn't fetal enough.

Arrrg! having huge trouble with auto spelling fix.

Because it didn't happen to an unborn fetus?

I am going to try to start using this phrase. I love it.  I once had a co-worker who had a regular habit of mixing up phrases (English was a second language).  My whole family still uses one of his: "that really throws a monkey in the wrench."

• Like 1

I know I'm careless sometimes.  I don't always go out of my way to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition.  I have mindlessly typed the wrong "your" and even the wrong "passed".  So I do TRY to overlook a lot of things and chalk them up to brain farts.  But then there are the obvious cases, with people who make the same kinds of errors over and over.

Or, my favorite from this morning.  Someone on FB posted about getting a new puppy and asking people to suggest a veteran.  Someone else posted that it was a great typo.  The original poster went back and edited it, and now it reads "suggest a veterinary".  How do you not realize you don't know what an animal doctor is called?

• Like 2

When this post was on the front page, I could not remember what the phrase was that has been driving me crazy lately. But today our friend used it again: "All the sudden." Every time he says it I want to scream, "It's 'all of a sudden'!" I've heard this much more frequently in the past year. And now I am paranoid to post this in case I missed an error... :leaving:

• Like 1