Menu

Writing-6th grade and up

Ambrosia

I did writing within content areas, though not formal essays, in 6th grade when I wasn't using an additional composition program. So history, science, etc. was our writing source material.

I didn't use SOTW in 6th, but we did write responses to history--say compare/contrast two movements or explain the causes or effects of a particular event. 

I've moved to an actual composition program in the last couple of months, and haven't assigned much writing outside of that so far. We still answer those types of questions about history or science--we just do them orally for now.

What are you using for composition? How much writing does it require?

We will be using Classical Writing (Homer A) next school year, but I plan on using WWS by middle school.

I actually just saw that there is a written comprehension response booklet for SOTW. We only do oral answers right now. How many essays are expected for middle schoolers? My DC is only in 4th grade but I want to slowly adjust him to the amount of essays he should be answering in middle school.

I see you are using CLE Reading. Do you answer all the comprehension questions?

I did writing within content areas, though not formal essays, in 6th grade when I wasn't using an additional composition program. So history, science, etc. was our writing source material.

I didn't use SOTW in 6th, but we did write responses to history--say compare/contrast two movements or explain the causes or effects of a particular event.

I've moved to an actual composition program in the last couple of months, and haven't assigned much writing outside of that so far. We still answer those types of questions about history or science--we just do them orally for now.

What are you using for composition? How much writing does it require?