Menu

Here's a kick...Has anyone ever told you (your dh) that you resemble a celebrity?

In my teenage days(the late 80's, early 90's), I heard Delta Burke(the thin version), the singer for the Bangles, and in my 20's I heard Catherine Zeta-Jones (I wish!I didn't see it at all) and the girl in the Linkin Park music video for "Crawling" and Allanis Morissette. Now in my early 30's all I ever hear is Allanis Morisette.

My hubby in younger days looked like Emilio Estevez and now looks more like Don Johnson (from Miami Vice in his younger years).

Dh gets Garth Brooks. I don't see it. Well, maybe if he put on a few more pounds. For me I've heard Winona Ryder and Kristin Davis.

Hmmm, I just looked at some Garth Brooks photos. I guess if dh dressed up like him with the facial hair and everything, he would look like him.

Years ago. Let me rephrapse that. YEARS AGO!...it was not particularly uncommon for people to tell me that I looked like Sigourney Weaver. I never really got it. But, it happened fairly often, in comments offered by complete strangers, so I guess it was real enough.

Who do/did you (your dh) resemble?

When we were younger folks always thought dh looked like Kurt Russell. I never thought that but I had friends tell me that when we first got married and folks at work used to tell him that.

When I was younger I have been told I looked like Mary McDonnell or

Jaclyn Smith. I don't think I look like either of them or even close.

Dh is second cousins with Mel Gibson but I don't think they look a whole lot alike. I think Dh is far better looking :001_tt1: than Mel Gibson. Even at 50 something and a bit over weight, I really can not think of a man who is better looking :001_wub: than my man but then I am bias.

Oh, yes. She was in all of the Alien movies, Gorilla's in the Mist (one of my faves) and of course Ghostbusters and Working Girl.... Very popular actress in the 80's. Course, I'm assuming that was when you and Doran were in your 20's. I could be wrong... ;)

I've had lots of people say I look like Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jessica Alba ?!?! Not sure how I could look like both (and I don't think I look like either!) but I won't complain! ;)

And my dh is the spitting image of that singer from Sugar Ray...what's his name....Mark McGrath? Yup, he's a hottie. :D

LOL...my mom and I both have been told that we resemble Sara Palin.. I guess we just need the frames and we'll be all set. :o). I think the Saturday Night Live version of Sara Palin is great, but the lady (I think it's Tina Fey) is just too darn skinny. So..do you guys think I should send my mugshots to Saturday Night Live to see if they'll let me audition? Grin. "Geez, you guys, I even have that Midwestern accent, by golly."

Guest janainaz

Lisa Kudrow and when I was younger - Barbara Eden.

My ds looked exactly like Jonathan Lipnicke (kid from Jerry McGuire and Stewart Little) when he was little - minus the glasses.

My dh - Ben Affleck

When dh was younger, everyone thought he looked like Kurt Russell. :)

My only claim to fame is one night during college finals, I dragged my sorry, poorly-clad, no make-up on or contacts in self to the store for junk food. I was standing in line with my stash praying I wouldn't see anyone I knew because I looked like trash.

This elderly lady in line in back of me catches my attention and tells me I look JUST LIKE one of the girls in the Miss America pageant. And she went on and on about how beautiful I was. My eyes, my smile, etc. It was incredible, really.

My vain self did straighten up and put my shoulders back. After I paid and grabbed my bags, I looked back to say goodnight to this sweet older lady who had really made my night to wish her a wonderful evening.

Only to find her reading a magazine upside down. :(

Aggie, former Miss America

My dad looks so much like Burt Reynolds that he signed an autograph once to get rid of some people who wouldn't believe he wasn't.

When I was a preteen/teen, I wished my mother would marry Burt Reynolds. I knew he was too old for me, so I figured having a man that good looking for a stepfather would be the next best thing. :D Yes, I watched Smokey and the Bandit a few times too many.

When dh was younger, everyone thought he looked like Kurt Russell. :)

My only claim to fame is one night during college finals, I dragged my sorry, poorly-clad, no make-up on or contacts in self to the store for junk food. I was standing in line with my stash praying I wouldn't see anyone I knew because I looked like trash.

This elderly lady in line in back of me catches my attention and tells me I look JUST LIKE one of the girls in the Miss America pageant. And she went on and on about how beautiful I was. My eyes, my smile, etc. It was incredible, really.

My vain self did straighten up and put my shoulders back. After I paid and grabbed my bags, I looked back to say goodnight to this sweet older lady who had really made my night to wish her a wonderful evening.

Only to find her reading a magazine upside down. :(

Aggie, former Miss America

:lol: I love this story, Aggie! You'll always be Miss America to me now.

When I was younger, my grandmother always told me I looked like Valerie Bertenelli.

This is the one I heard the most when I was young. Then it was Demi Moore, then Sandra Bullock. I think it's whoever is popular at the time that has brown hair, brown eyes, and bangs. :rolleyes:

My mother used to tell me I looked like a young Elizabeth Taylor. That was awfully nice of her. :)

Oh, yes. She was in all of the Alien movies, Gorilla's in the Mist (one of my faves) and of course Ghostbusters and Working Girl.... Very popular actress in the 80's. Course, I'm assuming that was when you and Doran were in your 20's. I could be wrong... ;)

Maybe ;), and you appear to have a good memory of her movies from that time period so I'm assuming you were in your 20's then as well :D!

In the last few years, I have been told I look like JENNA FISCHER

who plays Pam Beesly on "The Office." I haven't seen the show, so I looked her up online. I don't think I look like her. I didn't see a single picture of her smilling.

My dh looks like a red-headed Neal McDonough. Barney Rubble hands and all.

Amber in SJ

thought I looked like Scott Baio (Chachi) and I really did resemble him, especially in my pre-makeup wearing days (and he wore his hair slightly longer and feathered, which was often how mine was - though a bit longer than his of course).

Last year at a home school function, I had a mom tell me that she thought I looked JUST LIKE Diane Lane in, "Under the Tuscan Sun." I have never really considered myself to look like that, but hey, one can always hope...