Menu

Adoptive parents (esp. transracial and foster/adopt) a new picture book is out

Ottakee

My friend wrote a children's book, As Real As It Gets for any child---adopted, step, or foster----who might be thinking, "you're not my mother" but is afraid of how she will react if they let the words escape.  Children will be reassured that what they are feeling is normal, and parents will be too.

This is a fun playful yet touching picture book that features a transracial family dealing with this very topic.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1367769515/as-real-as-it-gets-a-picture-book-for-older-adopte/description  This has a video of the author and a bit about the book as well as the complete text of the book.

www.westolivepress.com is where you can order the book and see some more illustrations.

I have NO financial interest in this project.  I just know that as an adoptive mom, I have heard those painful words "you're not my REAL mom" more than once.  I sure wish we had a book like this when my kids were younger.

• Like 1