Menu

What's the name of that free software like Microsoft Office?

We use LibreOffice 5.0    You can download it, legally, and legally install it, and use it, on as many boxes as you have.

Note: A few months ago, my DD switched with my wife and the PC she had been using for 3+ years was the one that had the license for a limited version of Microsoft Office from Dell.  (That PC is now having bad issues and I need to take it apart and try to figure out whether it is a RAM (Memory) problem or a Cooling problem.

DD found,  with a lot of clicking around on the Microsoft web site, that she could gain access, free, to their Online version of Microsoft Office.  I think she is using that for her schoolwork now.

DD did that, after trying to install the Office 365 that my wife bought last August, when she bought a mini laptop for her DIL, but DD was not able to install Office 365, because of the date on the Office 365 box or something.

Another vote for Libre. I used to use Open Office, but it developed a lot of crashing problems. I actually like Libre way better than Microsoft at this point.

My kids much prefer to use Google Docs but it has some features that drive me bonkers.