Menu

Singapore CWP with RS

MrsWeasley

Actually, I would recommend you use Singapore FAN Math Process Skills and Problem solving instead.

Those books actually teach the methods and are structured in a much more incremental way. This is especially useful when Singapore isn't the primary math program.

Also, those books are smaller, so easier to finish concurrently with another program using just one or two problems a day.

I have used both CWP and FAN math at multiple levels. I think FAN math is a superior product.

One problem you might hit is that Singapore introduces subtraction earlier than RS, or at least that was the case when I used 1st edition RS and Singapore.

If you use FAN math, the smaller books will make it possible to work behind a level if you need to do that. You just have to emphasize that the child is learning the methods even if the math involved is easy. You could purchase a level and see how it matches. The FAN math and CWP will be the same sequence content wise, so either program will or won't match math wise with where you are in RS.

Edited by sbgrace