Menu

Silver Dollar City question

Dulce Domem

We are planning a trip to SDC in the near-ish future, but I have a question that I cannot find the answer to.  Several of their rides say "48 inches" BUT "guests taller than 42 inches can ride with a supervising companion."  For some of the rides I have 3 kids that fall into that middle range - too short to ride independently, but can ride with an adult.

So, here's my question - can one adult supervise multiple kids on a ride?  Legoland drives me batty for this very reason - my husband and I have never been able to take our four children alone - we have to find other adults to go with us because they have a one to one rule - one adult can only supervise one kid.  (WOW!  That was a lot of hyphens!)

Are we gonna get stuck if we take them to Silver Dollar City in the same type of situation?  We will have 4 kids and 2 adults.  The oldest child is finally tall enough to ride everything independently.  Will my husband and I be able to take the three in between kids or are we going to have to continuously switch on and off.

(And Legoland in Florida doesn't even have rider swapping - MOST ANNOYING THEME PARK EVER)

Thanks to anyone who can answer this question for me!!  And I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense, please ask for clarification if I've muddled it all up.  =)

I really think it's one to one, but you could probably swap. It's very family friendly. They have a measuring station near the teacups where you can get a colored band and not have to be measured at every ride if they are close. If they are 48" they can ride everything except wildfire (52"). I love Sdc because it's fun even for little bitty kids or kids that don't like coasters.

They have companion info in an accessibility document on the website. It looks like you can supervise more than one kid, depending on the ride. There is also a phone number to call about accessibility.

It doesn't necessarily have to be one to one, but many of the rides are 2 person rides.  The teacups, for instance, are a multiple person ride so you would only need one adult for however many children will fit in a tea cup.  The roller coasters, however, fit 2 people per seat so you would need one adult for each child.  Make sense?  We just always take turns riding those particular rides.

Also, the child who is tall enough can ride with the child who is not, it doesn't have to be an adult.