Menu

Build Your Bundle sale!!!

smarson

I can't decide.  I like a lot of the things in the CM bundle and the Brothers & Sisters one, and I'm pretty sure I want the Homeschool Helps one.  But there's two or three others I'd like too...not enough for a BYO, and one is over $20 so won't fit anyway.  But there's enough that I'd like to not all fit in the biggest BYO bundle.  I may buy the three bundles I like and get the other item I want most direct from the author's website.  Would cost pretty close to the same and I'd get more overall.

I really wish they offered mix and match between the BYO and regular bundles for the buy two get one free, and that they had a smaller bundle option with one higher-priced one for the BYO, like $35 for 5 items, one between $20 & 29.99.  I wished for the same things last year.  It does seem like the prices are higher this year...I don't remember there being any $40 bundles last year, but maybe I just don't remember. 

There is a lot that doesn't have samples on the authors' websites like someone else said.  I'm pretty reluctant to choose something that doesn't have samples because I'm picky and I really have no idea what I'm getting if I can't at least see a sample.  I did find samples for a few things on Currclick where there weren't samples on the author's website.

• Like 1

I didn't see enough I needed. I was really hoping for ELTL, a choice of Quark chronicles and different Ellen McHenry stuff. I might check out a build your own option but I feel like I'd be buying just to buy and we don't have the money to do that!

Just a PSA. Check the prices of buying some of these items elsewhere. I just checked the Homemaker's Weekly Planner, for example, and on the retailer's website, it is marked half off (so, only $10; not the $20 that the Build Your Bundle quotes it at). 

• Like 1

Just a PSA. Check the prices of buying some of these items elsewhere. I just checked the Homemaker's Weekly Planner, for example, and on the retailer's website, it is marked half off (so, only $10; not the $20 that the Build Your Bundle quotes it at). 

Yes, a number of items are selling elsewhere for less than the "value" price given on the BYB pages.  I found some that were listed at a lower regular price (not on sale) on the publisher's site.

I was sort of interested in the 2 upper level bundles, but too many of the things have no or very scant samples available on the publishers' sites, so I'm not able to tell for sure that I would actually be happy with them.  I suspect I would be disappointed.  It may make more sense for me to just pick up the couple of things that I know for sure I would use and buy them from the publisher.  Or not. Honestly, I don't NEED any of it.  I may be better off just putting on my blinders and sticking to my actual "to buy" list.  ahem.  :lol:

• Like 2

I am considering the Upper 2 bundle. There really isn't much else I want. Maybe the Quark Chronicles book, Sir Cumfirence books look cute and the Ellen Mchenry stuff but we are doing Physics next year so none of those would be used but the would be nice to have. I would definitely buy if you could mix and match the buy 2 get one free build your own and pre assembled. I'm going to hold out and decide over the weekend. I keep looking at the picture smart bible which is normally $40 so just for that the upper bundle is worth it. I just can't decide if I would really use it or not. 

This year I bought:

• Mapping the World with Art
  • Quark Chronicles Zoology
  • Protozoa
  • Cells
  • Botany in 8 Lessons

With my $5 discount for being a return buyer, all that for $20 isn't a bad deal. 

Last year I bought the other Ellen McHenry offerings (Elements, Brain), along with English Lessons Through Literature 3, which we used. We liked How Great Thou Art I, as well. I have never purchased a preset bundle, as I do think there is some fluff in there when I research all the components. However, I do think that if you're after stuff from Kathy Jo Devore, Ellen McHenry, or even getting your hands on a PictureSmart Bible course for less than retail is worth doing.

This year I bought:

• Mapping the World with Art
  • Quark Chronicles Zoology
  • Protozoa
  • Cells
  • Botany in 8 Lessons

With my $5 discount for being a return buyer, all that for $20 isn't a bad deal. 

Last year I bought the other Ellen McHenry offerings (Elements, Brain), along with English Lessons Through Literature 3, which we used. We liked How Great Thou Art I, as well. I have never purchased a preset bundle, as I do think there is some fluff in there when I research all the components. However, I do think that if you're after stuff from Kathy Jo Devore, Ellen McHenry, or even getting your hands on a PictureSmart Bible course for less than retail is worth doing.

LAst year I almost jumped because of Picture Smart. Couldn't decide which one. Same problem this year. I think I'm going to go for OT. I think.

The Big Problem I'm having is most of the stuff I really want is over $19.99 (Even the Christian History Research Journal is $20! Just one penny more!) So Build Your own Bundle just is not a real option.

Edited by vonfirmath

I was likewise unimpressed this year. I saw that last year had an art program I was planning to use, but the one they included this year was high school level. Oh well. And finding which one was being included was a bear. The full list that you browse didn't actually have everything (including said art program), and while it said it was alphabetical order, it really wasn't. So I had to click on each bundle to see what they had. Give me a search feature or an ability to click on a publisher and find out which bundles they're in.

I'll just order what I need from the publishers directly. Won't pay much more, and they'll likely get more money. :)

I am considering the Upper 2 bundle. There really isn't much else I want. Maybe the Quark Chronicles book, Sir Cumfirence books look cute and the Ellen Mchenry stuff but we are doing Physics next year so none of those would be used but the would be nice to have. I would definitely buy if you could mix and match the buy 2 get one free build your own and pre assembled. I'm going to hold out and decide over the weekend. I keep looking at the picture smart bible which is normally $40 so just for that the upper bundle is worth it. I just can't decide if I would really use it or not.

Just an FYI the sir cumference items are lap books to go along with the books, not the books themselves.
  • Like 3

Does anyone have the 10% off code? I'm pretty sure it's the same code for everyone. I had mine but it was written on 

a scrap piece of paper and .... you can fill in the rest. B-)

I'm not sure if it will work but here is my code....  547931BYB2016

• Like 1

OK how come no one who purchased this earlier mentioned that they gave you a $5 off coupon for another bundle when you made a purchase??  That would totally have changed what I bought!  Oh well.

Anyway, after entirely too much deliberating, I bought the BYO bundle of 10 with the 2 pricier options, and then I went back and bought the Brother & Sister bundle with the $5 off coupon...even though I'd already got the (over $19.99, sigh) item I wanted most from there in the BYO bundle.

OK how come no one who purchased this earlier mentioned that they gave you a $5 off coupon for another bundle when you made a purchase??  That would totally have changed what I bought!  Oh well.

Anyway, after entirely too much deliberating, I bought the BYO bundle of 10 with the 2 pricier options, and then I went back and bought the Brother & Sister bundle with the $5 off coupon...even though I'd already got the (over $19.99, sigh) item I wanted most from there in the BYO bundle.

I got the Brother & Sister Bundle too. What item did you want? I got it mostly for the Fine Linen. And really went back and forth on whether to get it or buy the item later from the vendor. But decided eventually I'd get enough use out of some of the other stuff too.

I got the Brother & Sister Bundle too. What item did you want? I got it mostly for the Fine Linen. And really went back and forth on whether to get it or buy the item later from the vendor. But decided eventually I'd get enough use out of some of the other stuff too.

The Creative Writing one was the one I got separately. But I will definitely use some of the stuff in the B&S one. I already printed out part of the horse drawing one for DD and it looks pretty good.