Menu

INFJ roll call

pinkmint

Another INFJ here. I could have written your post Pinkmint! I keep waiting to finally hit my stride and feel like I have this homeschool/parenting thing down, and it has yet to happen. The rigid/creative is a constant struggle for me--I want to live this big, creative, messy life, but not until the living room is tidy and the dishes are put away. :laugh:

EXACTLY!!!!

• Like 1

i need to expand on this. Personally I don't talk about my feelings that much and i seldom act upon them. They're there but I've gotten good at second guessing them and keeping them at bay

. My problem is that I'm like an emotional sponge. I absorb the moods of those around me. Even if they don't outwardly say much I pick it up. I can't spend much time watching the news because I can't shake it off. I'm good at helping others work through problems but I absorb their feelings and it's exhausting.

You're an empath.  :grouphug:  That's hard work.

I'm an INFJ married to an ISFJ. I want to like every post in thread! :) I think one of my biggest challenge has been teaching an S kid. Lol. We just think so differently.

I have a question for other INFJ's... I used to use AO, but once I had two kids in separate years, became totally overwhelmed. For the past few years I've combined my oldest two kids, but now that my third kid is school age it just doesn't seem to work to combine him with the older two. The interest levels of an 11yo and a 6yo are too far apart. I also find myself thinking how nice it would be to read to one kid quietly, instead of reading in the middle of a four ring circus! If I were to separate everyone, I would eventually have four different school threads going and I'm worried that would be overwhelming.

What do you do? As an INFJ, is it easier for you to combine or not?

Edited by vaquitita

Did you keep them combined all the way thru high school? Or did you separate them at some point?

My two youngest stayed together until their senior year when they chose different electives. So they did math and science together. They were only 18 months apart, however, and both girls.

My two oldest stayed together just for history in high school. They were together before that for all but math.

• Like 1

My two youngest stayed together until their senior year when they chose different electives. So they did math and science together. They were only 18 months apart, however, and both girls.

My two oldest stayed together just for history in high school. They were together before that for all but math.

This sounds doable. It probably depends on personality too. I get torn between wanting to do it with them and thinking it's good for them to be reading their own books.