Menu

Which curriculum has really outstanding notebooking pages?

I'm really looking to add notebooking in next year-I love the looks of it. It seems like there is wide variety of what notebooking IS though. Some publishers put a lot of text on a page, others just say "do a notebooking page". I'm looking for something kind of in-between. I want it all there but want there to be room for creative expression with a little guidance too. As for what content area, anything is the answer. I feel like I'm starting from scratch but know that I want notebooking to be a part of it.

I found it was better for me to simply create a notebook page any time we needed one rather than go with a pre-made one that only partially fit what I wanted. I set up a few templates in Mac Pages (I'm sure you could do something similar on Windows) -- lined page with single photo in corner, lined page with photo and diagram, lined page with large drawing box, etc. I then bought a few borders which I can swap in depending on the theme.

Ds loves picking a border and helping me use google images to select a relevant photo or diagram. Sometimes we grab an image from supercoloringpages.com to add a line drawing ds can colour.

It isn't as quick as printing something ready-made, but it only takes a few minutes. In the amount of time I used to search for a suitable page elsewhere, I can now make a custom one that is exactly what we want.

I was just looking at the History Scribe pack I picked up from Curriclick a couple of years ago. I was thinking of trying it out with SOTW.

http://www.historyscribe.com/hs-system.htm

ps it's on sale at Curriclick for $5 for all levels

http://www.currclick.com/product/23258/Scribe-System--History-Scribe-Combo?manufacturers_id=90&it=1

This looks great! I've looked repeatedly at notebookingpages.com, but haven't wanted to shell out that much for something I'm not sure we would actually use. But for $5 I went ahead and bought these and tried them out today. Lol. There was general grumbling, as no one wanted to write when we've always done out history work orally, but I think once they get over that these will work well. :D

I like the History Scribe ones.  They are pretty much "middle of the road" and they have blank ones as well, so you can add in your own topics.

The high school ones have a nice essay-type question and mini-timeline, which make them great for logic stage and up.  

Edited by Holly