Menu

Summer Bridge Math 1st-2nd

We just keep on doing math with our regular program, only shorter time and at the whim of other summer things like camp and travel. So for my dd that will be yellow book of Miquon, and maybe some challenge questions from MM.

Do you have a math program that is divided by grades and you don't want to start the next one early? Just looking for variety in the summer?

I'm using Singapore with these two particular boys...they will be finishing 1B in two weeks.  I prefer not to start them on 2A until September...for one, I want summer school to be light...mostly review with some prep for the beginning of 2nd grade.  

I could definitely dig through the Singapore 1A and B extra books...the Testbook, IP, etc and pull out review.  But I'm wondering if there are other options...just to give some variety.

• Like 1

I was planning on some of the board games mentioned above, as well as a summer math packet over at Teachers Pay Teachers. Math seems like one of those things where if you don't use it, you lose it. I just wanted to keep it light so our DD doesn't forget everything. Plus, she really likes worksheets, so a packet is super easy for me.

We did Star Wars workbooks last summer between 1st and 2nd. DS did the 2nd grade book. They are by the makers of Brainquest and you can get them on Amazon. I wish they had higher then 2nd grade because DS loves them. I think are coming out with 3rd and 4th grade this year.