Menu

What's your favorite, safe email for kids?

journey00

My 11 & 12yr old will need their own email for an online writing class with IEW.  They each have a gmail account which they don't know about & forwards me anything in their inbox but I would feel better if they had a kid email.  What's your fave? I would prefer free but any is fine. Thanks!

We use Gmail with forwarding to one parent account and account designation to another. So I can go into their accounts and see received and sent emails as well as chat. We turned off Google + which was enabled when the older kids' accounts were made.

What additional features would you want in a kid email?

We use Gmail with forwarding to one parent account and account designation to another. So I can go into their accounts and see received and sent emails as well as chat. We turned off Google + which was enabled when the older kids' accounts were made.

What additional features would you want in a kid email?

This is also what we do. what do you want an email to do that this isn't enough?

Teach kids not to give out their email address to websites- and it won't fill up with (inappropriate) spam.

• Like 1

I just discovered  feature in gmail that allows you to use your own email for multiple people.

If your gmail is superwoman @ gmail.com, then you can use the address superwoman+kidname @ gmail.com and that mail will end up in your inbox.  I used this to be able to sign my kids up for duolingo without creating their own email accounts for them.  

• Like 2