Menu

Girls fashion brands?

Katy

We tend to have more of a preppy aesthetic, and dress kids in practical and sturdy clothing (Carter's, Oshkosh,  whatever's cute in a department store).  But niece is now enrolling in a preschool where all the girls look like little pinterest worthy fashionistas.  I mean every outfit is perfectly coordinated, accessorized, and ruffled to perfection. The moms might show up in lululemon, but the girls are dressed. Someone once told me a couple of stores that have that sort of outfit, but now for all the googling I can't figure out what they were.  Where do you buy adorable little girl's clothing?

Are you in the south? I see a lot of little girls with the matching, super ruffled outfits and big bows in TX. I think most of it comes from clothing boutiques. They are everywhere. Hope that helps!

We are in OK, but niece is in upper midwest.

ETA:  Her birthday is coming up, and I wanted to get her an outfit or maybe two before preschool starts.

Edited by Katy

Matilda Jane, Jelly the Pug, Persnickety, MiniBoden, Hanna Andersson, Baby Lulu, Cach Cach - that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but there are many more. Most of those brands are going to be in local boutique stores, though. Matilda Jane is only through at-home parties and such. 

Gymboree and Baby Gap are both very nice, but cheaper than the ones above.

When I buy the boutique style clothing, I buy it at a consignment sale (Rhea Lana's), but you can also find them on Zulily for a fraction of the cost. (That's where I normally get Jelly the Pug.)

• Like 1

We are in OK, but niece is in upper midwest.

ETA:  Her birthday is coming up, and I wanted to get her an outfit or maybe two before preschool starts.

Here are some that I shop from: 

Jelly the Pug

The Summer Smocking Shop

Freckles Kitty and More

Silly Milly

Persnickety

Mini Boden

Not sure if you are familiar with Zulily, but it won't ship right away. It usually takes a few weeks because they are basically a 3rd party seller. They find deals, sell them, then have the supplier ship to them, then they ship to you. I've only had one thing that I was unhappy with, but overall, I have liked my experience. 

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 1

Home shows- where everything can be made and customized. Matilda Jane, Hannah Kate, Shrimp & Grits kids, and Kelly's Kids are some brands that people wear. You're right about the bows! The ones here are huge and monogrammed. The little girls even wear them swimming.

• Like 1

LOL. My girls are not dressy (and they've outgrown letting me pick out cute stuff for them anyway), but your description reminded me of my niece. She's always dressed in chevron and monograms and big ruffles around the ankles of her pants. And a big, matching bow. :D

These sort of outfits from Lolly Wolly Doodle:

http://www.lollywollydoodle.com/collections/outfits-sets

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 1