Menu

"Daddy says we can have another baby!"

ktgrok

I was using the TCoYF book, and she has a dry day rule, something about being infertile the evening of a dry day. Yeah, no. I was 5 days before ovulation, totally dry (didn't at the time know I was 5 days before, which was my fault for not checking, but still, that's way at the outskirts of sperm life) and totally dry. 

Most NFP methods do NOT have that rule, so with pretty much any other method I would have been safe. Oops. 

Part of that rule is incorporated in Billings, but not til after a woman is familiar with her BIP (basic infertile pattern) and sees it in other charts I think. That's my biggest issue... is identifying a BIP for myself. It would be a consistent pattern of CM (or none) with a dry sensation and I have yet to note that. I think all methods have cons. Being conservative with rules is good for avoiding but terrible for intimacy imo.

I don't know if it says it in TCoYF but I came across a thing in Billings that says the average couple is fertile 3-6 days per cycle so sex up to 5 days before/on peak/immediately after peak are the best for trying to conceive.*

*which is probably a no brainer LOL. But I was kinda shocked to see "3-6 days" as the average. I feel like my chart is all over the place.

Edited by heartlikealion

Happy you two are on the same page.  A baby will be a bonus a this point.  

I have a good friend who is 41 and pregnant.  She miscarried 15 years ago and was told she would never conceive again.  Surprise.  I am so excited for her I am about to burst.  It is a secret for now.  She is very high risk and very very scared.  I have no idea why she told me.  Sometimes you just gotta tell someone.

Happy you two are on the same page.  A baby will be a bonus a this point.  

I have a good friend who is 41 and pregnant.  She miscarried 15 years ago and was told she would never conceive again.  Surprise.  I am so excited for her I am about to burst.  It is a secret for now.  She is very high risk and very very scared.  I have no idea why she told me.  Sometimes you just gotta tell someone.

YES! Exactly, the baby will be the bonus at this point. It's the relief of not being at odds with my husband that feels the best. I just HATE us having something between us. 

And wow for your friend, I'm excited for her and you! She must really consider you a good friend. 

• Like 1