Menu

"Daddy says we can have another baby!"

ktgrok

If you do end up having twins we are ALL showing up to celebrate!  :party:

IN the meantime, so happy for you! 

I'll need the help after my husband keels over from the shock, lol. 

My father is a twin, has another set of twin brothers, and his mother was a twin. There's a 50/50 chance he inherited the hyper ovulation gene, and if he did he would have passed it to me. But since neither myself or my sister have had twins I'm thinking unlikely. 

Plus I have home births, and twins would rule that out. But if it happens, I won't complain. 

• Like 3

Your husband is so sweet. What an awesome way to handle that.

He really is. Honestly, as upset as I was about not having a baby, I was even more upset about there being something between us...I don't like it when we aren't on the same page. We make a great team. 

• Like 6

I'll need the help after my husband keels over from the shock, lol.

My father is a twin, has another set of twin brothers, and his mother was a twin. There's a 50/50 chance he inherited the hyper ovulation gene, and if he did he would have passed it to me. But since neither myself or my sister have had twins I'm thinking unlikely.

Plus I have home births, and twins would rule that out. But if it happens, I won't complain.

I am a hyperovulator. It's not just genetic. After a period of hormone flux, or with increasing maternal age, it can happen to anyone.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm taking DHEA and CoQ10 as they have been shown to help with ovarian reserve and egg quality in older women. And a prenatal, extra folate, calcium/D/Magnesium. And fish oil. Hoping that plus a history of being easily fertile counts in my favor. 

• Like 1

That is exciting for you!  You must be a lot younger than me, because if  I was pregnant now I would be almost 70 by the time the baby graduated high school. Yikes! 

dh will be 75. .  . and we still don't have any grandkids.  he's often mistaken for the grandfather.  he says 'we're having our own'.

Thanks! I'm taking DHEA and CoQ10 as they have been shown to help with ovarian reserve and egg quality in older women. And a prenatal, extra folate, calcium/D/Magnesium. And fish oil. Hoping that plus a history of being easily fertile counts in my favor. 

oh, I'm glad to see the fish oil.  good quality.  it's so crucial in brain development (the corpus callosum specifically) - starting in utero.  for boys' especially.

That's what I woke up to this morning! While I was out at a charity event last night my husband sat and talked to the kids about the idea, to make sure they would be okay. Seems he realized most of his worries were that they would resent another kid (he has issues with his own siblings). Then they elected my 6 yr old daughter to be the one to tell me :)

(actually, originally it was the youngest who was elected, but when my husband had him practice what to say he kept saying "Daddy says we can have TWO babies" so he got fired, lol)

I honestly am SOOOOOO happy! (and already have an appt on the 4th to get the IUD out)

That is so cute! Maybe you should have two babies!

I should say, one of the deciding factors was a surprise. I put on the old Lucille Ball movie "Yours, Mine and Ours" the other night. He really liked it, and the way they found ways to make things work, and seeing how the siblings helped each other out. He said it was the best thing I could have shown him. 

Gotta tell you, that $2.99 rental was the best money I ever spent!

• Like 11

watch out haha. I see the cloth diaper collections online.

I'm PRETTY good. And at this point, after diapering 3 kids I know what I like and even more, know what I don't like. I dislike pocket diapers, they ALWAYS leak for me. Always. I think, and this sounds dumb, but I think all the darned dog hair in my house gets inside, and pokes holes in the laminate or something. 

My favorites are Mother Ease Sandy's (but now they have a new trim fit version I'll have to try) and regular old pre-folds. I have a zillion Pre-folds already, some that are now 16 years old. And I've already gone through my wool phase, so that's good. I like it, but again, with pets I end up with dog and cat hair stuck on them and can never seem to get it off. Not attractive. Love pull on covers like Bummis. 

So a few covers, some Sandy's, and I'm good :)

• Like 2

Good luck! It took us 2 yrs from getting my IUD out to baby. We did have a miscarriage in there, too, though.

My ob said to try to be together every other day from day 8/9 to day 16/17 of your cycle. He calls it painting the fence method but it worked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paradox5

Good luck! It took us 2 yrs from getting my IUD out to baby. We did have a miscarriage in there, too, though.

My ob said to try to be together every other day from day 8/9 to day 16/17 of your cycle. He calls it painting the fence method but it worked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, at least it is fun to try  :laugh:

I have no idea what will happen. I don't get any fertile cervical mucus with the Mirena in, so I am not sure of my cycle/ovulation/etc. But, since the Mirena thickens cervical mucus that makes sense I guess. Also, I had NONE when I concieved my son. Totally dry. So much for a dry day being "safe".  The only one I was kind of trying for, or at least not active preventing, we got pregnant the first month. So I've been very fertile in the past (other one I conceived while on birth control pills) but that doesn't mean I still will be now. But trying will be fun, and even if it never happens at least we are on the same page now. 

• Like 1

I am truly happy for you!! Will pray that, with God's will, you get pregnant very soon! Please insert happy dancing little guys here...this is all I can do on my cell :) oh! And hush hush on the possibility of twins, unless you want dh to back out before even trying :P

Hey, at least it is fun to try  :laugh:

I have no idea what will happen. I don't get any fertile cervical mucus with the Mirena in, so I am not sure of my cycle/ovulation/etc. But, since the Mirena thickens cervical mucus that makes sense I guess. Also, I had NONE when I concieved my son. Totally dry. So much for a dry day being "safe".  The only one I was kind of trying for, or at least not active preventing, we got pregnant the first month. So I've been very fertile in the past (other one I conceived while on birth control pills) but that doesn't mean I still will be now. But trying will be fun, and even if it never happens at least we are on the same page now. 

that's so crazy! I am trying to chart again and to think you couldn't rely on dry days is scary (if you weren't trying to get pregnant and you were observing the wait 3 dry days after peak rule, etc.). I'm waiting to hear back from a local teacher and am using an app. Just throwing that out there in case you decide to chart with the app. I think it's called NFPCharting and it has a green background with a white leaf. Reviewers complained about the price, but it didn't ask me for money so maybe they changed all that. Or maybe after a while it will ask me to upgrade if there is an upgrade. Hmm I don't have a choice to leave a plain white box, though. There is a color code I was taught and I'm not sure this app is going to allow for that quite right.

I'm considering contacting a Creighton teacher although the BOMA one might be able to help me. I know you used FAM before. Did you primarily learn from the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book? You may want to buy the Billings Method book. I have both. If you want to find a teacher you can look by state at boma-usa.org. I took a class many years ago, but the main teacher was male and although I spoke with his wife I just couldn't ever figure out my BIP and kinda gave up. The teacher I recently contacted is also listed on my local church diocese website so that's another place you could look if you wanted to find someone. Billings Method says that sex during a fertile phase even with condoms will tend to confuse the CM pattern and make it hard to know fertility. I don't know if that affected your readings in the past. /shrug. I can tell you right now, looking at the TCoYF book, their rules might conflict a bit. Billings would have you wait longer if you notice a change during the early days to allow your BIP to be seen longer. I haven't read all the FAM rules, but I know Billings does not rely on temperatures at all so that's possibly another difference. You probably know enough already, but I tend to forget things and like having the Billings book around.

I was using the TCoYF book, and she has a dry day rule, something about being infertile the evening of a dry day. Yeah, no. I was 5 days before ovulation, totally dry (didn't at the time know I was 5 days before, which was my fault for not checking, but still, that's way at the outskirts of sperm life) and totally dry. 

Most NFP methods do NOT have that rule, so with pretty much any other method I would have been safe. Oops.