Menu

What's with the ads?

Kinsa

I'm so heartbroken, and angry

I'll be praying for your sister, her kids, and all of your family. And for the judge that he/she will have wisdom here and do what is best for the children (to be with their mom)!

• Like 2

Well folks, we are ten days from the new custody trial.

There has been so, so, so much bad stuff that I haven't updated on. The kids are a mess.

Bottom line, my sister is suing to get full custody. I can't think that this won't go in her favorite this time. The kids NEED to be back to their real home.

Ten days. I'll keep you posted.

Sorry to butt in. I just joined the hive a few weeks ago and this just popped up, so it is new for me. But, I have a friend who is going through nearly the same situation with her DS and her ex-husband in CO. Is your family in CO, too by chance? I cannot even begin to describe the horrid conditions of the courts in CO for children. The ex-husband leaves loaded hand guns around, unlocked and has brought this child into contact with ex-husband's registered pedophile uncle, ex-husband's sister's dog has bitten DS twice badly, and is emotionally abusive to DS. DS's teachers, therapist, and pastors, all want DS to go full custody with mom and have testified in court. Yet, the court continues to side with ex-husband/father. It is horrible. Just horrible. Ex gave legal written consent for mom and DS to move out of state, then after they lived there for 3 weeks with a fresh start, he retracted his documents, accused mom of kidnapping and had them hauled back to CO under threat of criminal charges. All that got dismissed, but the court still sided with ex husband.

I feel for you so much. Once my friend wins this battle, she is taking on the court system and is going to expose them.

:grouphug: Keeping your sis and family in my thoughts and hoping that the courts come to their senses.

Sorry to butt in. I just joined the hive a few weeks ago and this just popped up, so it is new for me. But, I have a friend who is going through nearly the same situation with her DS and her ex-husband in CO. Is your family in CO, too by chance? I cannot even begin to describe the horrid conditions of the courts in CO for children. The ex-husband leaves loaded hand guns around, unlocked and has brought this child into contact with ex-husband's registered pedophile uncle, ex-husband's sister's dog has bitten DS twice badly, and is emotionally abusive to DS. DS's teachers, therapist, and pastors, all want DS to go full custody with mom and have testified in court. Yet, the court continues to side with ex-husband/father. It is horrible. Just horrible. Ex gave legal written consent for mom and DS to move out of state, then after they lived there for 3 weeks with a fresh start, he retracted his documents, accused mom of kidnapping and had them hauled back to CO under threat of criminal charges. All that got dismissed, but the court still sided with ex husband.

I feel for you so much. Once my friend wins this battle, she is taking on the court system and is going to expose them.

Good luck to your friend.  Best wishes.  And welcome to the HIVE.

Best of luck, Kinsa, since being right and good isn't enough.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Sorry to butt in. I just joined the hive a few weeks ago and this just popped up, so it is new for me. But, I have a friend who is going through nearly the same situation with her DS and her ex-husband in CO. Is your family in CO, too by chance? I cannot even begin to describe the horrid conditions of the courts in CO for children. The ex-husband leaves loaded hand guns around, unlocked and has brought this child into contact with ex-husband's registered pedophile uncle, ex-husband's sister's dog has bitten DS twice badly, and is emotionally abusive to DS. DS's teachers, therapist, and pastors, all want DS to go full custody with mom and have testified in court. Yet, the court continues to side with ex-husband/father. It is horrible. Just horrible. Ex gave legal written consent for mom and DS to move out of state, then after they lived there for 3 weeks with a fresh start, he retracted his documents, accused mom of kidnapping and had them hauled back to CO under threat of criminal charges. All that got dismissed, but the court still sided with ex husband.

It seems like this is happening everywhere. I think judges are just not even considering anything anymore for placement.

Welcome!!

Edited by displace

:grouphug: Keeping your sis and family in my thoughts and hoping that the courts come to their senses.

Praying today for your sister and her children...

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Anne

• Like 1

Thanks for the well-wishes, though I'm afraid there's no change in circumstances at this time.

The ex pulled yet another fast one. And you'll have to excuse my explanations because I don't understand legalese and I'm just trying my best to make sense of it all.

The ex filed motions against my sister. Now he is demanding for her to have NO visitations with the kids except once a month in a supervised therapeutic setting.

He also asked that the guardian ad litem (the person who advocates in court for the children's best interest) be changed to someone different, even though this is the same guardian ad litem that has represented the kids since the divorce a decade ago. Thankfully the judge said no to that demand.

But since the dumbass filed further motions against my sister (an obvious delay tactic), the custody trial has been postponed until November 9th. The oldest child will turn 18 a mere three months afterwards.

Honest to God, this is never going to end until the youngest turns 18. It is completely about him WINNING at all costs.

On the plus side, I got to spend all day with the kids today and will continue to see them all week. Love those kids to pieces.

Edited by Kinsa
  • Like 3

Kinsa, you LOVE on those kids as much as you can! And let them know they have a whole HIVE of

people who care about them praying for them and their mother!

• Like 4

Oh man. He is definitely doing this on purpose. Is there any way to report his lawyer to an ethics commission? Because, what a waste of resources. That xh is guaranteeing that his kids will hate him.

I am so sorry, Karen. So sorry for your sister, and for those kids. Thinking about those imprecatory psalms...

• Like 3

My sister, who is normally publicly very stoic over the matter, put this on Facebook the other day. This might give you a glimpse of what this man is like.

Most of my posts I try to keep lighthearted, I don't bring my woes out often on social media, but I need help. I am not asking for anything but prayers to whatever God you believe in, positive thoughts, anything. For over 7 years I have been dealing with custody issues with my ex-husband. This has been like a Lifetime movie that never ends. Who really lives like this? There are only a few people who really know the extent of all it. I am tired of coping with all this in private and I am bringing in the masses for your prayers and anything else to help get through this. Over the years he has served me with endless motions to bring me in to court, he has called CPS on me, changed the kids school without telling me (explicitly going against a court order), he has tried to harass me through work to the point that even the city attorney has had to become involved, tried to harass me through city codes making unfounded complaints, he has changed the kids doctors and dentists without telling me, his girlfriend (who he lives with) has returned birthday cards from my family to the kids marked "return to sender". I have stressed over more hearing/trial dates than I can even keep track of any more. I have marched on and on and on and on and on over the years trying to keep my chin up. I am being drowned financially through all the litigation. I worry endlessly about the kids and how this is affecting them over the long run. I have offered compromises to no avail. The latest motions and his alleged reasons almost knocked me out of my chair. I'm not asking for anything except prayers right now because I don't know what else there is to do at this point.

• Like 6

My sister, who is normally publicly very stoic over the matter, put this on Facebook the other day. This might give you a glimpse of what this man is like.

Most of my posts I try to keep lighthearted, I don't bring my woes out often on social media, but I need help. I am not asking for anything but prayers to whatever God you believe in, positive thoughts, anything. For over 7 years I have been dealing with custody issues with my ex-husband. This has been like a Lifetime movie that never ends. Who really lives like this? There are only a few people who really know the extent of all it. I am tired of coping with all this in private and I am bringing in the masses for your prayers and anything else to help get through this. Over the years he has served me with endless motions to bring me in to court, he has called CPS on me, changed the kids school without telling me (explicitly going against a court order), he has tried to harass me through work to the point that even the city attorney has had to become involved, tried to harass me through city codes making unfounded complaints, he has changed the kids doctors and dentists without telling me, his girlfriend (who he lives with) has returned birthday cards from my family to the kids marked "return to sender". I have stressed over more hearing/trial dates than I can even keep track of any more. I have marched on and on and on and on and on over the years trying to keep my chin up. I am being drowned financially through all the litigation. I worry endlessly about the kids and how this is affecting them over the long run. I have offered compromises to no avail. The latest motions and his alleged reasons almost knocked me out of my chair. I'm not asking for anything except prayers right now because I don't know what else there is to do at this point.

That is heartbreaking.

• Like 2

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I have lost ALL faith in the legal system. It is only beneficial for criminals and cheats. Innocent people get chewed up and spit out. :(

• Like 1

Praying for your sister and her kids. Praying for all of you.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Oh, KINSA, this just breaks my heart.  I'm so sorry.  Once the oldest turns 18, can't they at least have some say so?  Surely they can.  It boggles my mind that the kids, even the oldest who is nearly 18 already, has NO say so in this.  

• Like 3

So sorry to hear this Kinsa.

Sadly, you are probably right. It won't end till the kids are all adults. It makes a travesty of justice, and it shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's simply unacceptable for Family Court to allow itself to be used as a tool of abuse and harrassment against mothers by their ex.

Tell your sis I am thinking of her.

• Like 14

Oh, KINSA, this just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry. Once the oldest turns 18, can't they at least have some say so? Surely they can. It boggles my mind that the kids, even the oldest who is nearly 18 already, has NO say so in this.

Yes, I truly, TRULY don't understand why the kids don't have a say in this. They don't want to be living with him in his girlfriend's house.

Edited by Kinsa
  • Like 5

My blood boils and my heart breaks every time this thread pops up. It's so unfair.

I know there will be justice eventually, if not here on earth, but that he is getting his jollies by destroying the lives of his own children is absolutely despicable.

• Like 5

Well, that's awful.  

Family court seems to suck pretty much everywhere.  The assholes somehow manage to still "win" entirely too often.  

It's a crappy state of affairs for kids.  

Edited by LucyStoner
  • Like 4

Kinsa, I'm so sorry. I know a lot of good attorneys who work for their clients, but also what is best for the kids involved. Unfortunately there are also a lot of bad lawyers who are willing to do anything to make money, even if it hurts children in the process. Praying for your sister and her kids.

• Like 2