Menu

Are there any workbooks with math like logic games?

ExcitedMama

DS really liked it in Math in Focus 1 when he had logic like problems to figure out. They never called them anything but it was a square of blanks to fill in like __ + __ = __ - __ = and so on with only one number filled in and he was given a set of numbers to use once. So it didn't matter if his math was right unless he put the numbers in the right place to make the whole square work. I hope that makes sense! He'd get annoyed at filling in problems that were just adding or subtracting but he loved doing these harder puzzles. Is there a workbook I could get him like that? Thanks!

I'd love to see if anyone knows of puzzle-like supplements for addition and subtraction.  I, too, have a kid who would love them.

Beast Academy is largely puzzles, but it doesn't start until grade 3 (for now).  There's lots and lots and lots of practicing multiplication/division/factors/fractions/etc disguised as puzzles.  

• Like 1

Scholastic has:

Super Suduko Addition/Subtraction and Multiplication/Division

Solve the Riddle Math Problems - Addition/Subtraction and Multiplication/Division

Logic Posters, Problems and Puzzles

Math Puzzlers

The Sudoku Addition/Subtraction and some of the stuff in the Math Puzzlers book sound like what you are describing.

• Like 2