Menu

Remember when you thought you'd married the perfect man...

Ann.without.an.e

DH and I have been married for 12 years. We've been through a lot in that time, more than most people will ever go through in a marriage that lasts many years more. I truly do think he's pretty much the perfect husband. I don't, however, think I'm really the perfect wife!  

• Like 1

Yes, but whenever I think of that I try to also remember dh probably thought he married the perfect woman. ;)

I don't care if I'm not the first one to point this out, but... my partner DID choose the perfect woman. Took him a couple tries...

• Like 1

OP I feel for you. Public gushing on FB really annoys me. I'm so glad FB wasn't around when I got married! I'm pretty sure I had no common sense at all for a couple years! I adore my husband, but I try to keep the gushing private (where he can hear it). And only a couple very close friends get the griping when I need to vent. ;)

• Like 2

I have so many newlyweds in my Facebook feed lately and it is so sweet - these poor souls are going on and on about how they've married the perfect husband. Oh sweet girls, just wait and see...it is going to get very real with time. Not necessarily bad. Marriage is definitely full of ups and downs. I'm holding my tongue and letting them think they have found perfection and venting this here instead 😂

Are you implying I didn't? 27 years later, I still think mine is darn near perfect, and truly the perfect partner for me.

• Like 2

We must be one of those weird ones that after 18 years we still sleep best going to bed together. I don't think it's funny but just the way we prefer things.

I know I hit the jackpot with dh. I didn't feel the way about him as a newlywed that I do now. My feelings are much stronger now.

We've been married 29 years and still go to bed at the same time every single night.  If he's out of town, he can't sleep without me (I sleep pretty well without him, though).  He works at home and we're together almost 24/7 and I love every minute.  He's fantastic and I'm very blessed to have him.

Erica

• Like 2

Aww, let them enjoy it.

I still think I married the perfect man, decades later.  He's perfect for me.  

He actually is as close to perfect as anyone I have ever known.   Which balances out my abject imperfection and multiple flaws, so I guess that's good. 

Same here. I've never known anyone as close to perfect as my husband, and we've been together almost 25 years. I, on the other hand, am an exceptionally flawed human being. God knew exactly what I needed.

• Like 3