Menu

I found my dog this morning

DawnM

Dawh: I am sorry.  I hope that your dog did not suffer.  It is always sad, when we lose a pet. I hope, in 2 or 3 months your family will get another dog, not a "replacement" for the dog you just lost, but one that your family will provide a loving home form as you did for that dog.

• Like 1

Thanks all.

I think she died in the early morning.  When I screamed my oldest came down and then went to say goodbye and touched her and she was already hard and cold.  He said he wished he hadn't touched her.  Then he covered her with a blanket.

That was around 8:30am.

DH got home around 11am.  I wouldn't even go in the kitchen while she was next door in the dining room.  DH and my oldest and youngest boys went out to dig a hole and buried her.

My other dog was so sweet.  She walked outside very slowly, walked directly up to the grave, walked around the grave 3 times,  sat on the grave, and then slowly walked back.  It was her way of paying respects.

I hate that I had to find her but I it helped me not have to make a decision about when to put her down, and I  think she died in her sleep and didn't have to suffer.

• Like 2

:Hugs  I'm sorry your dog passed away.  It's heartening that she had a good last day with you and was able to go peacefully.  It is a relief not to have to be the one making the decision about that too.  But more hugs too.  Goodbyes are rough.

• Like 1

So sorry for your loss.  We just lost a 5month old puppy to snail bait poisoning.  Very traumatic, and I understand the huge hole that you must have in your heart.  HUGS to you and yours.  I'm glad it seemed a peaceful passing in her familiar and secure surroundings. 

• Like 1