Menu

April ACT scores

It generally correlates well with those I see in high school and how they do in their math/English classes, . . .

Dd's ACT scores (from middle school) were high (for middle school) in reading (strength) and English (not a strength), and low (for what she'd already covered) in math. It will be interesting to see if that changes over the next few years.

I am going to try to continue posting on the high school board because I have average kids (who have areas of strength). Other people, hopefully, will take strength from my struggles as some of us have been heartened and strengthened by some if the posters on this thread.

• Like 1

I didn't post a score because dd didn't want me to.  

If people wanted to see the range of scores we're coming up with as a group, I wonder if we could have some sort of anonymous poll type thing in which we could check off scores.

I didn't post a score because dd didn't want me to.  

If people wanted to see the range of scores we're coming up with as a group, I wonder if we could have some sort of anonymous poll type thing in which we could check off scores.

Great idea!  I got a poll going and it is anonymous, it will not show who answers the poll and no need to reply can just vote.  Thanks!

Edited by Homeschoolmom3
  • Like 1

I do have the test prep books, but originally my husband and I didn't plan on him taking it now.  So we haven't used them.  Now I know I will add it to my agenda for the summer and next year.   I won't put him in the local class I found because I've heard it's crazy boot camp like, and that's just not us.  Most likely he'll go to a community  college or tech school.  What he enjoys doing and the fields that draw him in wouldn't be best suited for a 4 year uni.  They have those degrees of course, but it he could get to the same career  at a CC for less money. 

You know, some CC's have untimed entrance tests--check to see if he even NEEDS to take the ACT. 

Got ours this morning too. 

I am having trouble finding them in the same format that I was expecting from the sample student report on their site.

update on the 21st. (feel weird quoting my own post...)

I just received email notice from ACT that the score report is available now.  So, yes, now I can see the format I was expecting with more than just the numbers. 

• Like 1