Menu

favorite free educational apps for android

caedmyn

sumdog has an app that is free, just sign up for the free account online.

mathblaster

brainpop has a free video of the day on their app

Ninja Math

doodle physics

Tangram

Chicken Math

Learning Gems Piggy Bank (money games)

Unblock Cars (like the rush hour board game)

Amazing Alex (physics)

Plumber and Connect'Em are logic puzzles

Madagascar Math Ops (funny)

Math Run

for the younger bunch: Intellijoy has lots of apps, you can do the free trial to see if you like them. I only bought about 2 of the full versions because they would get bored of them.

Jumpstart has some free apps for PreK

Reading Eggs has some free I think

Not an app but accessible using a Chrome browser on an Android device...Prodigy Math (linked in my sig).  

It's free...but it has a paid membership version.  The free version has everything the paid version does, except the paid version provides more in-game options to the player.  

It's customizable....you can let the game assign math topics to your student, or you can assign specific content yourself.  

It's engaging...it's a role playing game where your student is a wizard character that moves through these worlds battling other characters.  In order to battle, they have to answer math questions.  My kids love to play and often choose it above Minecraft...which...is huge, lol.  

There's an app version for iPad I think, but not one for Android.  But like I said...you can access it through the browser.