Menu

Anybody worked through 2 Apologia Expl. Creation texts in same year?

Freedom

I'm considering working through Apologia's Exploring Creation Zoology 1 and Astronomy at the same time. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what did your schedule generally look like? I'm thinking 2 days Zoology and 2 days Astronomy...alternating or back to back....just brainstorming. Love to hear what others have done.

I did two a year with my middle child but I didn't do them simultaneously. I did one and then the other.

How old is the child? My son was older when I started doing this. 4th grade I think. It wasn't intentional he just kept asking for more and more and I figured we'd try it. My youngest is in 2nd grade and we couldn't do it with him yet. He just doesn't have the attention span to spend that much time on any one subject.

How old is the child? My son was older when I started doing this. 4th grade I think. It wasn't intentional he just kept asking for more and more and I figured we'd try it. My youngest is in 2nd grade and we couldn't do it with him yet. He just doesn't have the attention span to spend that much time on any one subject.

He is 6, nearly 7, and he is in super-sponge mode. He is asking for more and wanting to know more about insects, stars, anything in motion, etc. He spotted the Astronomy book and immediately asked when we could start that. In the meantime, we've started Zoo 1 and he's loving it. His ability to sit still is about 5 seconds, LOL, but while I'm reading he's allowed to move around as long as he can narrate back what I read. And he does. We do small portions 4 days a week with Zoo 1, so if I keep Astronomy the same, this could work. I just don't know if I should try both 4 days a week or only 2 days a week for each. 2 days a week is not much and there is a lot of time between weeks!