Menu

Help- how long to get used to new car

MSNative

How long does it take to get used to a new car? I just bought a new to me car last night. Driving around in it all day the seat just doesn't feel right. I've adjusted it every which way I can. I have five days to return it but would feel like an idiot and would annoy my husband to no end. On the other hand, we drive our cars til they don't run anymore and I don't want to be stuck with a car that is uncomfortable for years.

what says the hive? Is this just normal getting used to it or should I return it?

If you can return it, I would.  On one hand, maybe a service tech or salesperson knows something about the adjustments to help you; on the other hand, you get out of having a car that could cause back problems.

Doesn't take me long at all. Like, I don't have to get used to it. Fits or it doesn't. I hate the Focus. For me it's a death trap. I feel like the blind spot is a mile wide and high and like I'm going to fall out of the seat.

Nissans and Toyotas fit me. Didn't have a problem with Chevys either, but I don't like Fords for some reason.

Better return it now... see if you can find a make/model that fits you better.

• Like 1

If you can return it, I would. On one hand, maybe a service tech or salesperson knows something about the adjustments to help you; on the other hand, you get out of having a car that could cause back problems.

That is a really good idea. I called my salesperson and am bringing it in tomorrow to see if she can help me adjust it. Otherwise I think I'm going to return it. I feel like an idiot but like you said I don't need a car that hurts my old lady back. Edited by MSNative
  • Like 3

How long does it take to get used to a new car? I just bought a new to me car last night. Driving around in it all day the seat just doesn't feel right. I've adjusted it every which way I can. I have five days to return it but would feel like an idiot and would annoy my husband to no end. On the other hand, we drive our cars til they don't run anymore and I don't want to be stuck with a car that is uncomfortable for years.

what says the hive? Is this just normal getting used to it or should I return it?

Return it. The first time I drove the Pontiac Grand Am I knew I hated it. We couldn't return it so it became husband's car. But I didn't like it any better 5 years later when we finally replaced it.

• Like 1

Doesn't take me long at all. Like, I don't have to get used to it. Fits or it doesn't. I hate the Focus. For me it's a death trap. I feel like the blind spot is a mile wide and high and like I'm going to fall out of the seat.

Nissans and Toyotas fit me. Didn't have a problem with Chevys either, but I don't like Fords for some reason.

Better return it now... see if you can find a make/model that fits you better.

I am returning it. I woke up this morning and my back is absolutely killing me so this has become an easy - if utterly embarassing- decision. Happy to report that my husband only paused ever so briefly and then completely supported me. Yay for understanding husbands! And the car salesperson was very understanding too!

Thank you all for your input and for encouraging me. ;)

• Like 4