Menu

You might be a homeschooler if this happens to you...

Amber in SJ

You might be a homeschooler if this happens to you....

Wednesday: I find a book at the library sale for 11 yo Ds for 25 cents. It is a little below his reading level but a fun "kid secret agent" chapter book. I give the book to Ds.

Thursday: I ask Ds if he likes it so far. He seems happy, so I look up the series on-line.......Ooooh there are 14 books in the series. Each one a mission to a different country with an overarching mission of finding a missing brother who is also a secret agent. I see the next few books are at the library; I reserve them. 

Friday: I order a large world map with a cork board to mount it on, cute little map pins and some cork tiles to label Clues, Facts, and Suspects to hang in his room. I assemble a 3 ring binder with maps & flags to color and notebook pages for a report on each country. I pull the atlases off the homeschool shelf & put them on his book shelf. Geography planning done!

This is the response I get:

Dd: That escalated quickly

Ds: Mom! Sometimes I can just read a book, you know, for fun!

Amber in SJ

Edited by Amber in SJ
  • Like 40

Wednesday: I find a book at the library sale for 11 yo Ds for 25 cents. It is a little below his reading level but a fun "kid secret agent" chapter book. I give the book to Ds.

Thursday: I ask Ds if he likes it so far. He seems happy, so I look up the series on-line.......Ooooh there are 14 books in the series. Each one a mission to a different country with an overarching mission of finding a missing brother who is also a secret agent. I see the next few books are at the library; I reserve them. 

Friday: I order a large world map with a cork board to mount it on, cute little map pins and some cork tiles to label Clues, Facts, and Suspects to hang in his room. I assemble a 3 ring binder with maps & flags to color and notebook pages for a report on each country. I pull the atlases off the homeschool shelf & put them on his book shelf. Geography planning done!

Amber in SJ

LOL!  <3

Been there, done this got, the same response to prove it!

Thursday: I ask Ds if he likes it so far. He seems happy, so I look up the series on-line.......Ooooh there are 14 books in the series. Each one a mission to a different country with an overarching mission of finding a missing brother who is also a secret agent. I see the next few books are at the library; I reserve them.

Amber in SJ

• Like 3

I hit up a library book sale today. I walked in with my little collapsible cart on wheels and one of the volunteers said, "Somebody came prepared." Another volunteer saw me and smiled. She works at the library we usually go to. She informed everyone that I fill that thing up every week after storytime with library books. 

She's right.

And yes, I filled it with books at the sale today. Best $20 I've spent in a long time.

• Like 6

Love it!  :lol: 

A week or so ago, I had DH go into the library with my card to pick up some books. He goes to the counter, where the librarian is clearly training someone new.

DH: "I have my wife's card, and she said she has some books on hold."

Librarian, to trainee, after scanning card: "Okay, so this is for Amanda Lastname. She always has a LOT of books."

For the record, it was only eight. 

• Like 2