Menu

Tips for getting splinter out of finger?

Any tips for getting a splinter out of my finger tip when it is completely underneath the skin? It's the tiniest tip of a rose thorn, and it hurts! I cannot see any break in the skin, and can't feel the edge of the splinter at all. I don't want to just dig into my finger with a needle, it hurts too much.

So, other than just leaving it in there, are there any surefire removal techniques for splinters that aren't at the surface of the skin?

Michelle T

I use a "black salve" or "drawing salve" for those (the brand I currently have is called Prid). My parents always used a black salve growing up, and I haven't found anything better for those type of slivers. I think I was able to find it at Walmart, but don't remember now.

Is numb it a little with ice and then I take clean nail clippers and trim the skin away with that....try scraping a little with a card to see if you can feel it and then use the clippers to grab and pull out. I find it works better for me than tweezers and doesn't hurt as much.

Is numb it a little with ice and then I take clean nail clippers and trim the skin away with that....try scraping a little with a card to see if you can feel it and then use the clippers to grab and pull out. I find it works better for me than tweezers and doesn't hurt as much.

This is what I do too.