Menu

Bravewriter users: question

sunshineslp

Do you use it as a stand alone writing grammar? If not, what do you add? Which other curriculums go well with it? I'm aware that you can do as much or as little of BW as you like. I'm looking at it and thinking I'd add to it but not sure what. My son will be 3rd grade and so I was considering doing R&S or FLL 2 with it. Anyone do that? How does it work?

Homeschooling mama of 4... Preschool 3, preschool 4, 1st, and 2nd:)

I'm using elements of BW for 2nd grade and using Growing With Grammar alongside.

GWG is potentially independent, but I don't find the retention is great that way, so I use the lessons and exercises as a framework for teaching and talk through the concepts with her each day. It's been good - simple, quick, and a springboard for grammar discussions.

• Like 1

Farrar: I wouldn't do both, I had said I'd do FLL or R&S. I'm so glad to hear you think FLL might go nicely though:) I'm thinking of Jot It Down/Quiver of Arrows for my boys (2nd and 3rd grade). Maybe add FLL to my 3rd graders.

Homeschooling mama of 4... Preschool 3, preschool 4, 1st, and 2nd:)

Oops, I totally misread that! Sorry!

FLL isn't our sort of thing, but the simplicity seems to work well with a lot of BW people, so yeah, if that appeals and you want a formal grammar, I'd definitely do that. The grammar teaching in the Arrows isn't step by step comprehensive. More just circling around practice.