Menu

Moving Beyond the Page Science

I have found the science to be a bit hit and miss.  Some units are good, some a bit light, some heavier, some not very well organized.  For us, it also depends on the kid.  For my science oriented 8-year-old, MBTP science isn't enough so we supplement.  I still like the activities and the way MBTP connects science to literature if you use the entire unit.

My 10-year-old isn't as interested in science, so MBTP science, even the light units, works for her.  

• Like 1

We did a bunch of the 9-11 units last year.  We really liked The Living Seas, Biomes, and Technology units (with the respective lit choices).  The Energy unit was Ok, but i wound up not using the kit.    

Can you give me more feedback about the energy unit?  If I do things in order Energy & A View from Saturday is up next.

Can you give me more feedback about the energy unit?  If I do things in order Energy & A View from Saturday is up next.

I honestly don't remember much about it.  I think if you are looking for ones to skip, that might be a good one