Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laura K (NC)

2 questions about the social groups

1. Can the discussions be threaded somehow? I can't find a button to view them in a threaded way. Maybe they're meant to look like chat instead.

2. Is there any notification available for new posts in a social group, like there is when you subscribe to threads?

Ooh, I'd love to know the answer to your second question. I looked around a bit at the control panel options, but didn't see anything group-email notification related. That would be a nice feature. :001_smile:

I just found the Groups and wondered the same thing. Actually, I didn't see how one could respond to a specific post at all. The WTM board is the only internet group I've ever frequented, so the new features here are completely new to me.

I just found the Groups and wondered the same thing. Actually, I didn't see how one could respond to a specific post at all. The WTM board is the only internet group I've ever frequented, so the new features here are completely new to me.

I think the Social Groups were an answer to our request for a chat room. If I am responding to a specific person or post, I either use their name, or copy/paste a quote from their post.

Nope, there is no way to thread them. They are designed, as someone else said, to work like chat. This option was a part of the latest vbulletin update.

And no, unfortunately, there is no option available for notification. I wish there were.

If I am responding to a specific person or post, I either use their name, or copy/paste a quote from their post.

This will be helpful to me -- thank you! I don't really understand the difference between a chat room and the regular board, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I actually like the chat set up to it...like it being different from the board. It's like a thread I can find easily and it keeps going ;)