Menu

Announcement: I'm not her, she's not me

Pardon the silliness in these turbulent times, but I'm starting an Official Thread because I've received so many PMs about this: Friends, I never meant to confuse anyone--but I am NOT my avatar. Now, many of you immediately recognized Kaylee from the much-beloved (and long-since cancelled) Joss Whedon sci-fi western Firefly. But for those who didn't, my avatar is indeed Kaylee.

(Anyone not familiar with Firefly should proceed directly to this

of the opening credits to get a feel for the show. All of the episodes (14 in all, I believe) are on DVD and worth every penny. Then after you've watched them all and can't believe anyone could be so stupid as to cancel this gem, hit Netflix up for Serenity. Yes, Firefly's incredibly loyal fans got a movie!)

Thanks! :001_smile:

Leila - First my rep is taken away and now my vision of the red-headed conundrum is as well. (I had never even heard of Firefly.)

:crying: Times are a 'changin. I've been gone like 2 days and now don't even recognize half the names on here.

Leila - First my rep is taken away and now my vision of the red-headed conundrum is as well. (I had never even heard of Firefly.)

:crying: Times are a 'changin. I've been gone like 2 days and now don't even recognize half the names on here.

Yeah, well, I'd like to point out you changed your avatar. Is that what you were doing while you were gone ;)?

We love Firefly!! I am so not a sci-fi person and I loved this show. My husband got me hooked!

Shiny! I love it, too. It's one of those few shows that just completely absorbs you. Love the concept, love the characters, love the music, love the scripts....

YOU'RE one to talk, Krazzymommy! How 'bout that beautiful woman kickin' back with the big smile?! Where'd SHE go? Hmmm?? :D

Yeah, well, I'd like to point out you changed your avatar. Is that what you were doing while you were gone ;)?

I am a fanatic about changing things, I admit. I have changed my blog 3 times since the school year started.

So...who are you? Where's your gorgeous picture? Show yourself, woman!

Who am I? Yes, who AM I? Really, Crissy, who are we all...? :001_huh:

Whew. Got all existential there for a minute. I'm better now. Me? I'm the world's LEAST photogenic woman, that's who. ;)

::pouts::

And here I was being nice to you, in hopes that you'd introduce me to Captain Tightpants. :glare:

Bwaaahahahahaha!! :lol:

Where's Jenny in Hotlanta with all her trusty pictures?! We need a picture of Mal on here NOW to turn the rest of these ladies into Browncoats.

Whew. Got all existential there for a minute. I'm better now. Me? I'm the world's LEAST photogenic woman, that's who. ;)

Bawaahaaahaaahaaahaaa :lol:. Thank goodness I had not yet taken a drink of my seltzer.:lol:

Right.

Nice try.

A little bird told me that you have a new corset. And who doesn't look good in a new corset?

Oh...wait. Maybe we don't need those pictures.

:D

alright, alright! There y'all go. I tried. I really tried to break my addiction. I guess I just can't leave you all.

That's better. You look so happy and friendly in that picture!

I've been trying to break my addiction here for.....hmmm....4 years or so? I just can't seem to do it.

Monica, don't EVER change that avatar. It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL. :001_smile:

awwww...... thanks.....

That's better. You look so happy and friendly in that picture!

I've been trying to break my addiction here for.....hmmm....4 years or so? I just can't seem to do it.

Well, I took the weekend and pouted, composing an Ode to Rep on my blog (no joke, it was on Friday if anyone would like to see it.) But, I have missed you all and I guess I can get used to all the new changes. Besides, dh missed my chattering about the TEA threads.

(Anyone not familiar with Firefly should proceed directly to this

of the opening credits to get a feel for the show. All of the episodes (14 in all, I believe) are on DVD and worth every penny. Then after you've watched them all and can't believe anyone could be so stupid as to cancel this gem, hit Netflix up for Serenity. Yes, Firefly's incredibly loyal fans got a movie!)

Thanks! :001_smile:

And the episodes are FREE on hulu.com

Okay, now I get to rant about avatars:

Its funny. I knew that your avatar was a picture from a movie. I assumed everyone else knew that too. You know what? I seem to form opinions of people from their avatars. Old-fashioned looking beauties from movies always get immediate approval in my mind.:lol: And all those really old fashioned looking pictures (from the 1930's and earlier) do too. I have almost changed mine. I think mine is appropriate though. After all my DH is one handsome strong fella and I am lovedtodeath with all 3 family members attentions.:)

I seem to form opinions of people from their avatars. Old-fashioned looking beauties from movies always get immediate approval in my mind.:lol: And all those really old fashioned looking pictures (from the 1930's and earlier) do too.

Oh, stinking monkeys :001_huh:! Do fuzzy warriors get approval in your mind :001_unsure:?

THIS is one of my VERY FAVORITE SHOWS.

Haven't quite gotten to Lost yet. But Firefly (and its parallel sibling Serenity, with a particularly interesting soundtrack) are on my personal A++ list.

SWB

Wow! My first-ever personal response from The Overmind. I find myself irrationally giddy about that. :D

:cheers2:

:party:

:001_wub:

Well, I'm glad you cleared that up, Leila, because I did think that was you! I've never seen Firefly, although I've heard of it. I guess I should go check out your you tube link as I like sci-fi!

As for Sleepy, well, I KNOW you're not your avatar, but I'll have to disagree on you being photogenic. I mean, I've never seen a real picture of you, just your kids, and those are some gorgeous pics in your album on your profile page! Why not add Mom and Dad along with the kids?:)

As for Sleepy, well, I KNOW you're not your avatar, but I'll have to disagree on you being photogenic. I mean, I've never seen a real picture of you, just your kids, and those are some gorgeous pics in your album on your profile page! Why not add Mom and Dad along with the kids?:)

Snort! :lol: Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to post a pic of myself, but first I'll have to improve my photoshop skillz a heckuva lot. :lol: