Menu

S/O: Halloween Costumes

My 10-year-old son is dressing as Percy Jackson (from the novels by Rick Riordan). Our major Halloween event is a party at our church, and it looks like we may have at least three different characters from the series running about, which should be fun.

My 13-year-old daughter is cooperating with her roommate. I think the latest plan is to be Thing 1 and Thing 2 from The Cat in the Hat, although they have discussed dressing as Tweedledee and Tweedledum, too.

Mine haven't decided yet. They're debating over whether to go classical (Hades and Freyja) or gory (crypt creature and a decapitated Marie Antoinette). Whatever. They're making their own costumes. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by Melanie

Well since we will be at Disney World the week of Halloween, we are going with Peter Pan themed costumes. My dd's birthday is on Halloween so she always gets to be whatever she wants so she chose Tinkerbell. So, ds is going to be Peter Pan, I'm going to be Tiger Lily, and dh is going to be a pirate.

Well since we will be at Disney World the week of Halloween, we are going with Peter Pan themed costumes. My dd's birthday is on Halloween so she always gets to be whatever she wants so she chose Tinkerbell. So, ds is going to be Peter Pan, I'm going to be Tiger Lily, and dh is going to be a pirate.

I would love to go as a costumed family! What fun! My dh will be a middle aged, bald grumpy guy, as every day. I may dress up this year as my dc are pressuring me...

both ds8 & ds6 will be Indiana Jones

dd4 will be something princessish....last year she was a ballerina princess...this year she wants to be a Ninja Turtle princess...we'll see what happens.

Ds (12) will be a Rays baseball player (GO RAYS!!!)

Dd (7) wants to be a cheerleader from high school musical (yuck!!)

Dd (4) wants to be princess Belle

I have the Rays outfit and the Belle dress from past years, and I really want to change middle child's mind about the cheerleader!! We'll just wait and see.

Melissa

My very darling 9 yr old, born at home, hs'd all of her life, very early ('accelerated' , 'gifted' reader), and weaned in her own good time, wants to be a chef.

With a bloody head on a plate.

Truly, I am blessed.

You are blessed to have a way with words!! That was so funny!

Happy Halloween!

Chelle

I just saw this- how fun! Someone else with a Peter Pan theme too, though your's will be cooler because you'll also have Tinkerbell and a pirate. (Smee?)

DD will be tinkerbell. DS has not told me what he wants to be. My teens want to scare people coming to the door and I don't mind them doing this but nothing horrifying or gruesome, just unexpected like an old man mask or something from the adams family or a munster.

Edited by lynn

I would love to go as a costumed family! What fun! My dh will be a middle aged, bald grumpy guy, as every day. I may dress up this year as my dc are pressuring me...

both ds8 & ds6 will be Indiana Jones

dd4 will be something princessish....last year she was a ballerina princess...this year she wants to be a Ninja Turtle princess...we'll see what happens.

Ninja Turtle princess:lol:.

ds9 - a very furry tiger (it's one of those really fuzzy one piece costumes with the head on top of the hood part - he won't wear masks and rubs face paint off) :)

dd11 - she found a cool dress at the thrift shop the other day and bought it, though she wasn't sure what she was going to do with it...a friend of ours said it would make a good "medieval princess", so she decided on that...now, we just need to research and see if we can find a particular princess from that timeframe so she can be a 'who' and not just a 'what'. ;) (should be interesting as neither of us has studied that time frame yet LOL)

I always dress up too - not sure what as this year...

Abbie wants to be a Pink Pagoda Princess, which is a costume we saw in a catalog. Unfortunately it's sold out. So, unless I can find it somewhere else, she will have to come up with something else, which is not going to make her happy.

Emma wants me to make her a gown and cloak from this pattern. It looks simple enough, which is what scares me - if it *looks* simple, it is probably not. My mom used to help me sew these things, but when she was just here, we didn't have time.

Maybe Abbie will want this costume too since it looks like the pink kimono is out. Here's hoping.

My now 17-yr-old with autism loves Halloween. This year he wanted to be Beetlejuice - so I ordered a costume on-line.Yes, he still treat-or-treats! most folks around here realise he is special and go along with it. I do not look ofrward to treat-or-treating with a 40-yr-old man someday - sigh.

My youngest, 12, wanted to be a geisha - another on-line costume order. This is probably her last year dressing up, so I do not mind the $$$. For my son, he seldom asks for anything, so buying him a costume is no big deal.

His fraternal twin plans to dress up like the Joker and be in charge of answering the door and scarying kids. My 14-yr-old dd will mostly hang out with a gaggle of teenaged girls while wearing their Twilight t=shirts.

My dd(6) hopes to be Captain Janeway from Star Trek Voyager...I still need to search for costume/patterns...but she is more than willing to recycle this costume she used the past TWO years... she had more elaborate 'decorations' on her clothing last year...

ry%3D4000

Our community has a Fall Festival--and instead of Trick-or-treating the children dress up and march through the local Nursing home...and then go to the local firehouse for apple bobbing...

LOTS of Family FUN!

Batman for C4. Although it's early and I could see him changing to a different superhero before the actual date.

Not sure for the 2 yr old. His birthday is the week before and I think Grandma is giving him a Clifford costume so that will probably be what he is. He does love dogs.

lol I actually edited it because although I was trying to be funny, I decided it sounded obnoxious and not funny. I have an odd sense of humor, and I am glad you got it. :D

My weird sense of humor has been known to sound obnoxious and not funny to people. I think that's part of why I don't post on here more often--I REALLY don't come across well in print sometimes!

Chelle

11yo lady pirate

10yo glitter witch

8yo vampire princess

Let me tell you... it took hours of searching and planning to find appropriate costumes. My kids are all tall for their ages. My 11yo is taller than I am (she's 5' 6") and wears a size 9.5 shoe. She looks about 16 years old!

Have you seen the "teen" and "tween" costumes out there?! I was shocked. At last we put her pirate costume together out of pieces we found here and there, and came up with one that she likes and is not totally inappropriate.

One sad thing about being a tall girl is that she really does look much older than she is. We all go visit friends who live in a neighborhood with lots of kids to go trick or treating... and it's fun... but my dd does get some pushback from people who assume she is too old to be trick or treating. Sigh. I understand that she does not look like an 11 yo kid, but she is one. It's sometimes hard for her to act her age when others frown on her for doing so.

I am not sure yet since I don't do anything anymore. They rummage around and design their own stuff...but...for a costumed function we just attended, they were little Indian girls. I was so excited to find $2.39 xl rusty brown t shirts. They cut the armband off and slipped them over their for headbands. We have lots of pheasant feathers so they popped those in the headbands. They found beads, furs, tails, and other little dangly things to hang off themselves by cutting the trim off the bottom of the t shirt and using that for a waistband. Then on the arms, bottom and neck, they cut 1/2 slits for fringe. Then they put their little moccasin slippers on their feet and they were adorable. All for $2.39 a piece. And they did all their own designing. I didn't do a thing but hand them t shirts.

I'm not sure what my kids will be yet either.

My dd is very picky so who knows what she will want to be.

Ds wants to dress up again this year, but I was hoping last year was his last time dressing for Halloween.

The baby is gonna be a cow~it's a little white sleeper with spots on it with a hood that has a cow face on it :001_smile: Very cute..