Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I am starting to feel really tired. Daylight savings ended which means that the clocks go back an hour, which means that the twins are now getting up at 5 am instead of 6 am. which means I have to go milk the cow at 4 am by torch light ( flashlight) as I cannot leave the twins unsupervised in the house at all and nobody else is up that early. As the twins are noisy I  have been taking them out for an hour walk - so now people can see the crazy lady pushing the twin pram down the road in the dark at 6 am.

court date for twins permanent care order has been set for two weeks :hurray: . Fingers crossed that it doesn't get deferred.

went out visiting with twins and they behaved just like NORMAL children. unbelievable - we never thought we would get this far. So far they have been like normal kids for weeks and weeks. RAD type behaviour has lessoned to almost non-existent in the last couple of months.

cleaner , after not turning up for 3 weeks, sent me a text that she has quit. bright side is I can now advertise for a replacement without feeling guilty.

• Like 7

Tackled ;)

Fundraising Day

Up at 0330 to finish loading vehicles, left the house at 0405

Arrived at base, unloaded, set-up and started cooking.  Made 350 breakfast burritos, sold 350 breakfast burritos, cleaned up, loaded up and went home.

Counted cash, balanced donations vs. expenses, got deposit ready (just under $1,000)

Unloaded car, cleaned out coolers, got stuff put away.

Sent out e-mails/facebook messages to get things returned.

Laundry (running rags/cleaning towels now)

School...not a heavy day today.

NEXT -- Nap.

Work on re-registration for DoD school for next year (we register, so we can use the library, etc.  Older kids are PT).

Drive back to base to return things, drop off deposits

Home...Bed

• Like 4

Uh oh.  I think I might be getting a UTI.  I feel lousy.  

So today, I baby myself while simultaneously prepping for Latin and making sure the kids do their academic work.

In the afternoon - take 14 yo to math tutor and voice and 17 yo to piano.  

17 yo still has not completed his job applications and turned them in.  Boo hoo.

On the bright side, we really liked the contractor we met with and crossing our fingers that we'll get a contract with him and he can start asap on fixing our bathrooms!  Hopefully, there will be calls and emails today on that topic.

Hope everybody else out there feels better than I do right now!!!

• Like 2

Melissa, what wonderful news! You have made such a difference in those children's lives. How blessed they are to be with you!

Faithr, feel better soon!

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

coffee

To Do:

more coffee

read book for book club next week

breakfast

school

lunch

laundry

tidy house

lesson plans for co-op Friday

dinner

church

• Like 3

I am really glad it's our month off homeschooling (we school 3 months on and one month off) because I am exhausted!  Here's what's on my plate for today:

*oldest dd is sick so called school attendance office (she's my only ps student)

*calling Dr. for dd - she has a nasty sore throat :-(

*pay bills, balance checking account,  and file papers

*go to the store for laundry detergent and bleach

*go to staples for shipping supplies (selling used books this month)

*mail a package

*and do all the usual daily household duties

*hopefully get to Starbucks for refreshment.  I do have chocolate. :-)

Edited by Chocomom63
  • Like 2

Trying to remember to breathe deeply, as I seem to be getting clogged up lungs.  :/  Ain't nobody got time for that.

I need to make a chiropractor appointment ASAP for all three of us.  My kids are both gimpy.  Miss E says something popped in her neck during gymnastics Monday night and now she has a stiff neck.  (She didn't tell me this until Tuesday p.m. and wondered why I wasn't "more concerned." :p)  Miss A was kicked in the knee during yesterday's soccer practice and is limping in pain.  (I gave them each an ibuprofen and sent them to school.)  As for me, I am just way overdue for an adjustment and nothing works right.  ;)

Today is Wednesday.  I'm supposed to be pumped.  Maybe after some more coffee.

The list:

• Some early morning work.  [done]
  • Kids up & off to school.  [done]
  • Take out the garbage.  [done]
  • Feed the critters.  [done]
  • Clean the kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.  [done]
  • Work.
  • Call the chiro for appointment.  [done]
  • Laundry.  [sorted 5 loads, washed 4, dried 3, put away 2]
  • A little exercise.
  • A little reading.
  • Pick up the girls at school (so they can make the chiro appointment).  [done]
  • Chiro appointment.  [done]
  • Kids to swim if it makes sense.  [nope]
  • Kids' work at home.
  • Lots of badge work and stuff.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 2

Regular Wednesday here.

School - just the basics

Pick up milk

Bank deposit

Dd to dance

Grocery run! 

Double check groceries and menu plan.

Lesson prep for tonight. 

To church for choir, dinner and class.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Make clam chowder for Friday

Work on author blog.

Work in the sandwich shop all day, both opening and closing. 

Go to restaurant supply store and get groceries.

Make dinner at home.

Discuss Business with DH.

Edited by Anne in CA
  • Like 2

I am starting to feel really tired. Daylight savings ended which means that the clocks go back an hour, which means that the twins are now getting up at 5 am instead of 6 am. which means I have to go milk the cow at 4 am by torch light ( flashlight) as I cannot leave the twins unsupervised in the house at all and nobody else is up that early. As the twins are noisy I  have been taking them out for an hour walk - so now people can see the crazy lady pushing the twin pram down the road in the dark at 6 am.

court date for twins permanent care order has been set for two weeks :hurray: . Fingers crossed that it doesn't get deferred.

went out visiting with twins and they behaved just like NORMAL children. unbelievable - we never thought we would get this far. So far they have been like normal kids for weeks and weeks. RAD type behaviour has lessoned to almost non-existent in the last couple of months.

cleaner , after not turning up for 3 weeks, sent me a text that she has quit. bright side is I can now advertise for a replacement without feeling guilty.

That is such great news!  Cheers to profess!

• Like 2

Today started out pretty awful (originally cut back on coffee and now I've given it totally up because I just can't do coffee w/o sweetener.)  Granted it really is a ONE on a 1-10 scale and I know this, but I threw myself my own little pity party early this AM.

So:

No coffee

Study for medical terminology test

School

Dress kiddos

Laundry started

Pick up DS

More School

More Laundry

Barton

Take some photos and video of Bris - I think we've found her new home with a dog trainer who is looking for an agility girl!  Pretty excited about this.

Dinner: Tacos

Tonight: College Algebra - I despise Algebra.  Hate Algebra.  Am doing miserable at Algebra.

• Like 2

Good morning! I am late to the party because we had an early meeting to get the results of dd2's testing. No real surprises, some stuff a little worse than anticipated, but next year is going to be long and hard at ps high school.

We are hanging at my mom's house, because dmil is hosting her bridge club all day. Even took the dog with us. :)

Not too much to do but some school and reading.

Later we have practice and I have grocery errands.

Pizza night!

• Like 2