Menu

Best fun activities to have on hand

I have a fun question. We homeschool my 10 year old son who has Down syndrome through a charter. Next year the only thing we will need to buy new is handwriting workbooks, as we are still whittling away at his his math and reading curriculum, so I essentially have his entire curriculum budget to spend on enriching extras! I feel like I get to have a shopping spree! I have already decided to purchase the Signing Time series. What other enriching activities do you have on hand that you consider essential, fun, really useful for helping to develop skills like literacy, number sense, addition operations, fine motor skills, life skills, problem solving, sequencing, etc. Thanks!

My down syndrome cousin enjoyed acting very much and acted in stage productions. He enjoy singing in a choir and playing music too. For him it was

hand puppets,

puppet theatre,

pretend shop/grocery with items, cash register

I can't remember which instrument he picked up. The down syndrome children I did volunteer work for like wood tone drums, snare drums and ukulele/guitars.

ETA:

I don't think he was ever into art as in drawing or pottery. He was into photography.

Edited by Arcadia