Menu

Trello? Could this be used for planning or record keeping??

I just started using Trello for work yesterday, so I am very new to it. I'm wondering if anyone has used it for homeschooling? Dh started using it for project management, but so far all I have done with it is coordinate trip planning with dh (we work together) and for keeping track of our monthly billing schedule. I feel like it could be used for planning or record keeping, but I'm just not sure how yet... Anyone else use it? 

I just started using trello as well (like 3 days ago for work) and I am wondering the same thing! I tentatively started a board for home chooling this morning but have no idea what it will look like or how it might work to use trello for homeschooling. I am hoping to hear some btdt advice too.

Yes I do. I have a section for books I need to purchase and price points for them, we are on an extremely tight budget so I need to know what a good used price for a book is in case I find it cheaper while I'm at a used book store or see it on eBay. I also mark if a book is available at the library and how many copies they have.

I have a section for math that lists what material we'll use for the next 6 weeks since I school in 6 week spans. I don't use a math curriculum so I need a list of progression and somewhere to show me what I already have to use for a particular concept.

I have boards for other subjects or concepts that my kids are interested in, so if I find a good resource for that I can just add it to that board. It helps more for long term planning because I think at random moments and can have a place to organize all of that pretty quickly.

• Like 2

Yes I do. I have a section for books I need to purchase and price points for them, we are on an extremely tight budget so I need to know what a good used price for a book is in case I find it cheaper while I'm at a used book store or see it on eBay. I also mark if a book is available at the library and how many copies they have.

I have a section for math that lists what material we'll use for the next 6 weeks since I school in 6 week spans. I don't use a math curriculum so I need a list of progression and somewhere to show me what I already have to use for a particular concept.

I have boards for other subjects or concepts that my kids are interested in, so if I find a good resource for that I can just add it to that board. It helps more for long term planning because I think at random moments and can have a place to organize all of that pretty quickly.

Good ideas, thanks! I was planning on making a board with a list for each subject and then put ideas, books and curriculum on hand or want to buy, future courses, etc. I want make sure I have all our current resources up there because I have repurchased items a few times, and I only have one kid, lol. 

I just started using trello as well (like 3 days ago for work) and I am wondering the same thing! I tentatively started a board for home chooling this morning but have no idea what it will look like or how it might work to use trello for homeschooling. I am hoping to hear some btdt advice too.

Aside from what I listed previously, I'm not sure how else I may use it. I have some traveling coming up so I plan on playing around with it. I'm not sure if it could be useful for day to day record keeping though. I have to think on that. I've been watching some YouTube videos but they are mostly geared to project management.  

• Like 1

I use Trello to help new local homeschool moms with special needs kids.  We set up boards and I'll put resource links in for them to explore and together I help them cobble together a curriculum that works for their specific child's quirks and quarks.

It is also very handy for keeping two parents on board with what has been taught and what needs to be done still.  Then as a parent finds additional resources they can add them to the plan.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

I ran across this thread this morning while I was researching using Trello for my homeschool. I've currently used it for two things now: Beginning to plan high school and writing down lesson plans for TRISMS. I just posted a blog post about how I'm using it for TRISMS. Maybe it'll help someone come up with ideas for their homeschool.

http://allthatschool.blogspot.com/2017/03/trisms-trello.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1