Menu

Apologia Advanced Biology: The Human Body DVDs

I need help trying to decide if these DVDs are worth it.  Are they just a re-reading of the textbook material?  Do they significantly add to the course? Do they enhance understanding?  How much time do they take (average) per chapter? 

Reading the textbook and following Apologia's suggested schedule (including the coloring book, notebook, labs, etc.) already takes a long time. If you use the DVDs, how do you manage this course schedule-wise?

Do you have any other suggestions regarding visual media that would really be time well spent in Anatomy and Physiology?

Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks!   :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I need help trying to decide if these DVDs are worth it.  Are they just a re-reading of the textbook material?  Do they significantly add to the course? Do they enhance understanding?  How much time do they take (average) per chapter? 

Reading the textbook and following Apologia's suggested schedule (including the coloring book, notebook, labs, etc.) already takes a long time. If you use the DVDs, how do you manage this course schedule-wise?

Do you have any other suggestions regarding visual media that would really be time well spent in Anatomy and Physiology?

Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks!   :)

I'm bringing this back up because we are wondering this also.  

HELP!!  pretty please  :)

Not sure about dvds--do you mean the companion CD-ROM for $11.95? If so, I did get that because it includes a human cadaver dissection, and my dd was interested in seeing that. We're not to that point yet though, so I don't know that she has used it yet. It does include some other videos (the description on Rainbow mentions a brain with a spinal cord attached--I should ask her if she looked at that since she just finished the brain module). DD is interested in nursing, so I thought she'd enjoy some of the extra videos at times. I think of this as an honors course and do expect it to take longer than a regular course at times (the coloring can be extensive, but I think it's good prep for her upcoming courses in the nursing program). Sometimes I find another subject doesn't take as long, and she can get a bit of extra time in her daily routine that way. Make it match your student's time/passion though. If bio wasn't her passion, I'd structure things differently.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think she may be referring to these (at least that's what I'm curious about):

http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/sku/059395

I may need to pick up that CD-ROM, though.

Oh I remember those now--I did consider them, but decided not to. Sorry I'm not much help there! I did hear Sherri Seligson in person once and enjoyed meeting her though.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...